Join for free
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 09:46 AM

Unwelcoming and hostile

I have often wondered why some people are so unwelcoming to new members and in general?

It doesn't bother,me but for some it will,and i would imagine quite off putting to join a site!.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 09:49 AM

Re: Unwelcoming and hostile

Not sure who has upset you but I tend not to look at names just answer posts so am usually not sure who I am talking to unless they have a very unique style of writing, so it may not be people not liking new comers at all. Should see what people say to me sometimes and I have been here a while they just don't like what I say
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have often wondered why some people are so unwelcoming to new members and in general?

It doesn't bother,me but for some it will,and i would imagine quite off putting to join a site!.
Who has been unwelcoming to you pauline3 ?
I thought you had been made quite welcome by everyone including the mods

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 09:50 AM

I have always thought this forum was one of the most welcoming on the internet. Has someone upset you?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not sure who has upset you but I tend not to look at names just answer posts so am usually not sure who I am talking to unless they have a very unique style of writing, so it may not be people not liking new comers at all. Should see what people say to me sometimes and I have been here a while they just don't like what I say
Yes Julie and I often disagree on some topics but agree on others...this is a forum for exchanging viewpoints after all !
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 09:53 AM

Just an observation, not mentioning names,sometimes you get cliques on a site,and they do tend to gang up on you if you have a difference of opinion to theirs,
i know who they are,and stay clear of them,..i hope no bullying is aloud on this sitel
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

18-11-2015, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Yes Julie and I often disagree on some topics but agree on others...this is a forum for exchanging viewpoints after all !

EXACTLY! !!....i wish more thought like that,instead of bashing you for your honest opinion,
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2015, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Just an observation, not mentioning names,sometimes you get cliques on a site,and they do tend to gang up on you if you have a difference of opinion to theirs,
i know who they are,and stay clear of them,..i hope no bullying is aloud on this sitel
Well someone has upset you that's for sure....if it has affected you then tell the mods.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 09:57 AM

Pauline 3

Not everyone looks at the new members section, that does not mean they are not welcome. I tend to look at posts that interest me for example.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2015, 09:57 AM

Hi Pauline , I've been a member for a while now and find the discussions on here very interesting . Sometimes they can get heated but please don't take them too deeply. I feel we are all strong independent people who have lived life and have strong views .

I posted a discussion a while ago and it got heated , I did think I'd made a mistake and some fiery answers came back , but it was an interesting subject . Your input is important here so do keep posting . The answer is not to take it personally .

Stick with us girl x

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top