Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 10:04 AM

Asking for Directions

It is said that a man will very rarely give away a part of himself. If a man is lost asking for directions is like admitting defeat. Very humiliating indeed.

I was at a parking lot this weekend about to get into my car, when this gentleman walks up, shows me a piece of paper and says.. Do you know where this address is at ? I center myself and direct the man to drive two blocks north and then make a right.

What I noticed after I thought I had directed him the right way was, that the " lost man " in his mind he kind of knew where he was, so if I told him to go this a way, he wanted to go that a way.

In this man's mind he was lost alright he just didn't want to admit he didn't know how to get there. So, after repeating to him the direction he should take, the " lost man " got in his car drove in his direction instead of mine.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 10:14 AM

Re: Asking for Directions

Oh so he was awkward then

You did your best and its best to get on with your life.
He might still be lost but its not your fault.

Just to add to your post asking directions. I can go anywhere
in the World and people come up to me when I am walking
along and ask me directions. Even in languages I don't know
too well.
I must have a sign on my head - Know it all
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Oh so he was awkward then

You did your best and its best to get on with your life.
He might still be lost but its not your fault.

Just to add to your post asking directions. I can go anywhere
in the World and people come up to me when I am walking
along and ask me directions. Even in languages I don't know
too well.
I must have a sign on my head - Know it all
I ask life many times to use me as an instrument of help and good. Obviously, I am placing myself in the line of fire..
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 10:50 AM

I always ask if I'm lost......even in a supermarket - "Where do you keep the peas please ?"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 10:53 AM

My husband has no sense of direction, he could have visited a place many times and still not know how to get there
Thank goodness I can visit a place 'once' and retain the information

Talking about direction Rodolfo - could I direct you to general chat for threads such as these, Forum help is for when you need help
eyes_of_a_painter
n

16-11-2015, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I always ask if I'm lost......even in a supermarket - "Where do you keep the peas please ?"
Best to act stupid than smart. You see the world under a much better light..
eyes_of_a_painter
n

16-11-2015, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
My husband has no sense of direction, he could have visited a place many times and still not know how to get there
Thank goodness I can visit a place 'once' and retain the information

Talking about direction Rodolfo - could I direct you to general chat for threads such as these, Forum help is for when you need help
Indeed thank you. I am new here so these help forums come in handy. I emailed the Administration for some advise and she never got back to me
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Indeed thank you. I am new here so these help forums come in handy. I emailed the Administration for some advise and she never got back to me
Anything you need to know, just ask in forum help
We don't want to miss your posts now do we
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 11:38 AM

Was anything missing from your pockets after he drove away? Like your wallet for instance?
eyes_of_a_painter
n

16-11-2015, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Was anything missing from your pockets after he drove away? Like your wallet for instance?
Thats a very good question and one that I seriously take into consideration. The world really has changed alot and one always needs to look over their shoulder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top