Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 05:46 PM

Four Eyes

Four Eyes, Specky, men never make passes at girls that wear glasses. How is your experiences of wearing specs, probably fair to say more than a few of us have to wear specs today.

Can you remember seeing the old NHS specs of the past complete with an elastoplast support for a failing frame. Did it impact on your lives. ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 05:52 PM

Re: Four Eyes

Since I had my cataract op I haven't needed my old glasses and haven't yet got my new ones, so what does Sheila say ? That I look older without my specs !
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 05:56 PM

I had to wear glasses for short sightedness, ie all day, from the age of about 12, and still do

I am forever grateful to my parents that they always bought me decent quality private frames, and that was in the days when such things were expensive.

Now I also have to have reading glasses, which means that I sometimes have to search for them and try to remember the last time I used them. I am holding out against having them round my neck on a silly chain.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 05:58 PM

Glasses can look good if you choose the right ones for you
Some men especially good in glasses
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 06:31 PM

Had to wear them following an eye op when I was five years old. I had the old NHS glasses and I hated them with a vengeance. Once I left the house, off they would come. I had to wear them in school because the teachers were on top of me.

At the age of fourteen I was told by the hospital that I no longer needed to wear them, as my eyes were as good as they were ever going to get. At fourteen years old that was the best news of my life. Yes I got all the four eyes jibes but now I could leave it all behind.

I hung out as long as I could when my eye sight started to fail.
I now wear varifocals and always keep them on, funnily it doesn't bother me at all now
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 06:44 PM

When I have to wear my glasses I know where to put them,in front of my eyes. Not on top of my head.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 06:48 PM

I wear glasses for reading and computer work ,have done for a few yrs now..mine are pink metallic rimmed ones,my son has worn the old NHS thick milk bottle bottomed ones when he was small and he was very hard on them so indeed did have the sticky tape on one of the arms of his lol
He now has the sprung armed ones so thats better.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 06:52 PM

I have had reading glasses for a couple of years, no problem then I started to have to wear glasses for driving ok, now I need them for watching TV and if I want to see anything in focus across the room - not so good. I have 3 pairs of readers and 3 of distance and never actually know where all 3 are at once, on a good day I have a pair of each, left them at work several times, found them in the fridge, bathroom cabinet, bonnet of the car, boot of the car, down the side of the sofa cushion and in the dogs bed ( I swear I didn't put them there I blame Betty).
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 06:54 PM

I've gone back to vintage looking frames, I found a nice pair of round tortoiseshell type ones in Homesense.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 06:56 PM

I have needed glasses since I started school but only started wearing them all the time since I stated to drive (37), I have never had any problems. I now have tinted ones with a purple film on them as I have glaucoma everyone says they look nice. Bottom line I cant see with out them anymore

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top