Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 03:23 PM

Odd thing in a shop today.

My wife and I were down the town today, doing our usual odds 'n ends shopping and we were in Home Bargains, in a queue and, at the head of this queue was a very nervous-looking, agitated Asian woman, possibly Chinese or maybe Thai.

She was buying alcohol - a bottle of whisky and some crisps and I saw her drop something on the floor.

I tried to get the cashier's attention but failed and the woman took her change and scuttled out.

By the time I could get to the piece of paper on the floor the woman had disappeared but I picked it up and offered it to the cashier.

She just shrugged when I explained a customer had dropped it so I look at it.

It had three lines on it: -

1. Got to Bank get all money

2. Get whisky and snax

3. Come back quick or else.

What would you make of that? stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 03:25 PM

Re: Odd thing in a shop today.

Bossy husband ...................?
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 03:25 PM

Hmmm... doesn't bear thinking of.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 03:39 PM

Sounds ominous ....controlling partner? Id have done number one and buggered off lol
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 04:22 PM

Same here Aysa but with the whisky lol!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 04:24 PM

It was quite a worrying little note and I know it wouldve played on my mind if id found it..there are many women (and also men too) that are controlled behind closed doors by partners.
LOL @Doc ..trust you to do a runner with the whiskey
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
It had three lines on it: -

2. Get whisky and snax

My first thought. Okay, #1 says "get all money" so maybe she's planning on draining the account so she has enough money to escape her household, as it sounds like she may have a controlling husband. Go get the money, get hubby his snacks and booze, but get back quickly so he doesn't get suspicious or upset. Then later, when he's asleep, take all that money and bail.

Or, on the flipside, writing "come back quick or else" may just be a little inside joke because I know I've said to cashiers, just being funny, things like "I'm glad I didn't forget to pick up this ice cream because if I'd go home without it, I wouldn't live to see tomorrow." And then, of course, I laugh about it so they won't think I'm serious. At least I hope they don't think I'm serious

Anyway, so who knows what it means. It is rather concerning, though. I just wonder why she's supposed to get "ALL" of the money. Although, because she's of Asian descent, it's possible her words got twisted to read something completely different than what it really means. Sometimes their language and even things they write down can be a little garbled. One of my best friends was Asian (she moved, haven't seen her in years, which is why I speak of her in the past tense) and she was all the time getting her words mixed up.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

14-11-2015, 05:08 PM

The note could just be harmless or it could have sinister undertones but that we will never know....we tend to keep out of each others business dont we unless its someone close to us or unless we have it staring us in the face in which case we often will do something.
I hope it was just a harmless note to herself
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->

2. Get whisky and snax

Its a strange one that, if it was her partner that wrote the note then I would say one controlling husband.

Couldn't be her writing the list as why put , come back quick or else.
Poor woman, don't like the sound of that at all.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 08:03 PM

sounds like one of her family being held ramsom -and sent her out to get money- and whiskey for the men who broke in and threatend them all if she dares not to do what they want hhhahahah ive seen the film

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top