Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cherry
New Member!
Cardiff, UK
Cherry is female 

29-03-2010, 01:23 PM

Participants needed to try out new Cardiff University website.

I'm a researcher at Cardiff University looking for volunteers to try a new website we have developed, which predicts future risk of heart disease.

myHeartRisk is a website that assesses risk of developing heart disease in the future, by using information about health status and lifestyle.

The study is looking for volunteers to visit the website, who are aged between 45 and 64 years of age, have not been previously diagnosed with heart disease, had a cardiac event (such as a heart attack or angina) or had a stroke.

The aim of the research study is to examine perceptions and attitudes towards heart disease, and provide insight into what people think about their risk when it is presented to them in a certain way.

£1 will be donated to the British Heart Foundation for every person who takes part and completes the study. The University is hoping to raise over £1,000.

If you are interested in taking part please visit: http://www.myHeartRisk.co.uk

Many thanks in advance,

Cherry-Ann
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 01:49 PM

Re: Participants needed to try out new Cardiff University website.

Good luck Cherry-Ann, if it raises awareness I think it's great.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 08:43 PM

All done and completed. I must say I was surprised at my risk.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2010, 11:57 AM

Done, but think my risk is underestimated.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Done, but think my risk is underestimated.
Same as mine. Doctors have always said I am high risk as every member of my family on both sides has had and died from heart problems, I smoke and I am overweight (Trying to do something about the last two things.)
But this test said I am low less than 10% risk.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2010, 01:07 PM

Guys does this test ask for an email address at the end of it? If so it might just be an email harvesting type scam :/

Cherry - do you have a link to this page on the Cardiff Uni website for us to verify please? We can't be too careful these days!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2010, 01:19 PM

I'm too old, . . . the age limit is 64.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Guys does this test ask for an email address at the end of it? If so it might just be an email harvesting type scam :/

Cherry - do you have a link to this page on the Cardiff Uni website for us to verify please? We can't be too careful these days!

Think its genuine.

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/news/mediac...t-disease.html

Mind you hope they can get their data right.

They have dated their news letter as Fri 12th of Feb 2009
tinacee1
Lancashire UK
tinacee1 is female  tinacee1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2010, 02:00 PM

I think the risk is perhaps underestimated as my parents and my brother died after suffering heart attacks.
Cherry
New Member!
Cardiff, UK
Cherry is female 

31-03-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Think its genuine.

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/news/mediac...t-disease.html

Mind you hope they can get their data right.

They have dated their news letter as Fri 12th of Feb 2009

Hello, I completely understand your concern, you can never be too careful with these things. However, we are genuine; the link you have provided is the press release for 12th Feb 2010 on the Cardiff University website. They have dated it wrong, but if you look on the folders on the left hand side of the page, you can see that it comes from the Feb 2010 folder. I will contact them to get this amended.

Below is a link to an article on Wales On-line newspaper dated 22nd Feb 2010, which we were featured in.

Hope this clears up any confusion; please feel free to contact me if you would like further information.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/2010/02...1466-25882990/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top