Join for free
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 11:48 AM

Ungawa, Timba !

I get this call from my girlfriend the other day. Something about a new elephant that was being displayed at the zoo and if I wouldn't mind driving up there with her to take a look at the huge beast. Sure enough we arrive at the zoo to find that the elephant wasn't doing much of anything spectacular, just standing there swaying his large trunk from side to side.

We both decide to take a seat at a nearby bench to observe the majesty of this great looking animal.As we are sitting there, memories come to me of Tarzan and his powers over the elephants by just using his forceful command of, Ungawa, Timba ! So, I sat there wondering for a second, what would be the reaction of this elephant if I suddenly said to him, Ungawa, Timba ! My girlfriend got red in the face and begged me not to make a fool of myself.Obviously, my girlfriend has no sense of adventure. None the less, I get up, walk upto the fence and yell the famous Tarzanian command, Ungawa, Timba ! The elephant looks a bit confused. So, I try again, Ungawa, Timba ! No reaction. Suddenly, I begin to hear laughter in the background and a voice says.. Hey, you are wasting your time. This elephant is not from Africa so he doesn't understand you, plus his name is not Timba.

I turned and walked away with my ego a bit damaged only to find my girlfriend reminding me that by no means was I the lord of the jungle.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 12:19 PM

Re: Ungawa, Timba !

Ha ha - brought a big to me face
Thanks
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Ha ha - brought a big to me face
Thanks
Mission accomplished...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 12:39 PM

That's you retired to your shell for a couple of days !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 12:41 PM

Just need a plastic crocodile to wrestle and your day would be complete.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

14-11-2015, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
That's you retired to your shell for a couple of days !
I try not to let events bring me down. So, I use what may look as a negative and turn it into a positive. The following day I got on my trusted steed and went out to slay a dragon....
eyes_of_a_painter
n

14-11-2015, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Just need a plastic crocodile to wrestle and your day would be complete.
That was a good reply...

Tarzan did have a way with not only taming the savage beast, but showing a croc a thing or two.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2015, 01:05 PM

It's a small world, Eyes.
When I was living in Florida, I befriended an artist who used to work with Salvador Dali for many years. He had many funny stories about him.

.... and yes, he had the same moustache.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

14-11-2015, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
It's a small world, Eyes.
When I was living in Florida, I befriended an artist who used to work with Salvador Dali for many years. He had many funny stories about him.

.... and yes, he had the same moustache.
Dali was a very interesting fellow. I lived in Spain for some years. I remember him walking the the streets of Barcelona with a cape over his shoulder and a cane in his hand.

Dali was not only a master painter, but he knew how to sell himself well and to draw attention to himself

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top