Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 05:47 PM

What was your most memorable christmas.

So what was your most memorable Christmas--good or bad.
Mine is easy--Christmas 2004. My husband had been ill for some time--and in hospital for a few months. He could walk when he went in--but became unable to even stand up. I was told he would be moved to a home as he no longer needed nursing, just care. But I was adamant that I could look after him at home-despite many objections-even from his own son. However a care package was set up, and after several hiccups he came home on December 20th.

It was the Worst Christmas ever--no presents, no tree, no decorations, no christmas dinner, no visitors--nothing...
But it was also the Best Christmas ever--as I had him back home with me for what we both knew in our hearts would be out last Christmas together. I truly learned then, that the only thing that counts--at Christmas--or anytime,is to have your loved one by your side, because without that, everything else means nothing.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 06:04 PM

Re: What was your most memorable christmas.

So right me darlin' x
My 'first' best Christmas was with foster parents, I had the family I always wanted and a dog and a cat ! Bliss
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 06:23 PM

Hi

2001 was mine.

I had a massive heart attack in that December, followed by unstable angina.

I had emergency surgery, only given a 1 in 3 chance of surviving it.

I woke up from a Quadruple Bypass on my 50th birthday and arrived home 3 days before Christmas.

It was the last Christmas we ever had together as a family, me, the mother of my children and my two kids.

Christmas day was lovely, even though I was on a makeshift bed in the lounge, I knew it was to be our last together so made the most of it.

I never let on to the kids what was happening.

My wife had said a very strange thing when she was allowed to see me after the heart attack, I was in ITU, wired up to everything when she came in , looked at me and said "Who will look after me now"

When I arrived home from from hospital after the Bypass she told me she was leaving, she had been seeing an old boyfriend for sometime,

We agreed not to tell the kids so as not to spoil Christmas, her new man was telling his wife after Christmas.

She left early in the New Year, three weeks before our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

I returned home from a Hospital Appointment to find the house empty, her things gone, a letter from her Solicitor on the table.

Not a Christmas I will ever forget.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 06:27 PM

Gibbs I'm choked up reading that - hope you have recovered well from 'both' events
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 06:32 PM

Christmas 1960. I was 4 years old, and a patient in Great Ormond Street Hospital. Max Bygraves broadcast 'Meet the Kids' from there. All my street were watching it on the telly, and he gave me a blue doll's carry-cot with a small doll in it.

I was discharged about a week later, and my family had Christmas all over again, just for me! They even persuaded Father Christmas to make a special trip down our chimney.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-11-2015, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
Christmas 1960. I was 4 years old, and a patient in Great Ormond Street Hospital. Max Bygraves broadcast 'Meet the Kids' from there. All my street were watching it on the telly, and he gave me a blue doll's carry-cot with a small doll in it.

I was discharged about a week later, and my family had Christmas all over again, just for me! They even persuaded Father Christmas to make a special trip down our chimney.
That's a lovely post - can imagine the scenes
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 06:42 PM

My most memorable Christmas, and there have been so many, was seventeen years ago when two of my granddaughters, then age five and three, came back from NZ. None of the family knew they were coming back. We managed to keep it a secret right up until Christmas Eve when they all arrived at our house to find them there waiting. Not a dry eye in the house! Unfortunately their Mum took them back again two years later so we visit them when we can.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-11-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
My most memorable Christmas, and there have been so many, was seventeen years ago when two of my granddaughters, then age five and three, came back from NZ. None of the family knew they were coming back. We managed to keep it a secret right up until Christmas Eve when they all arrived at our house to find them there waiting. Not a dry eye in the house! Unfortunately their Mum took them back again two years later so we visit them when we can.
Oh, just like a Hollywood movie - lovely
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 07:33 PM

some lovely memories coming here--most of them good Im glad to say. !
mariana
Kent. Uk.

13-11-2015, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

2001 was mine.

I had a massive heart attack in that December, followed by unstable angina.

I had emergency surgery, only given a 1 in 3 chance of surviving it.

I woke up from a Quadruple Bypass on my 50th birthday and arrived home 3 days before Christmas.

It was the last Christmas we ever had together as a family, me, the mother of my children and my two kids.

Christmas day was lovely, even though I was on a makeshift bed in the lounge, I knew it was to be our last together so made the most of it.

I never let on to the kids what was happening.

My wife had said a very strange thing when she was allowed to see me after the heart attack, I was in ITU, wired up to everything when she came in , looked at me and said "Who will look after me now"

When I arrived home from from hospital after the Bypass she told me she was leaving, she had been seeing an old boyfriend for sometime,

We agreed not to tell the kids so as not to spoil Christmas, her new man was telling his wife after Christmas.

She left early in the New Year, three weeks before our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

I returned home from a Hospital Appointment to find the house empty, her things gone, a letter from her Solicitor on the table.

Not a Christmas I will ever forget.
Wow, that sounds heartbreakimg--how on earth could anyone be so callous and heartless to do something like that, I just do not know. Well, at least you are still standing-well done to you--hope you managed to find a decent woman after all that, and that now you are living happliy ever after--I really do mean that. Plus your health problems improved--my husband had angine, amongst other things.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top