Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

28-03-2010, 10:30 PM

Finally made it!

Had trouble coming back in for some reason. Computers. wonderful as they are, are not infallible!
Me? Male. Divorced many years ago. Multi-grandfather (all of my kids have kids!) Reached 69 this year and have stopped counting.
Dog lover (current associate is an 83 lb German Shepherd/ Rottweiller cross, more black and tan than grey) who looks threatening but is as soft as warm ice-cream.
I have discovered that there is a problem with retiring; you never get a day off! I run a taxi service for my kids and their kids, to school, work, etc. Like a lot of us older ones, I suspect. The pension doesn't go as far as I would like, but the alternative is worse. Love to all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2010, 10:45 PM

Re: Finally made it!

Hi Roger welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Hello Roger, welcome to the forum....
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

28-03-2010, 10:54 PM

Thanks, Mags.
There are times when I get bored; usually at night when I can't sleep! You are possibly familiar with that situation? With all the repeats on TV in the early hours of the morning, we should be allowed to use last year's TV licence again! It is nice to have someone to talk to sometimes. My dog is asleep on my bed at the moment, so I can't settle down without a wrestling match with him to get mack in myself!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2010, 10:56 PM

Welcome Roger!

Glad you got in finally
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

28-03-2010, 10:58 PM

Thanks, Cassie.
In the wee small hours of the night when I can't sleep, sometimes it is nice to have someone to talk to. Just now, I'm watching a repeat of CSI Miami. OK, but I have seen it before. When the yawns start, I guess it is time to close the hatches and turn the lights off. Later! Cheers, Roger.
Roger Parker
New Member!
Oxford, UK
Roger Parker is male 

28-03-2010, 10:59 PM

Thanks, Azz. Yes. I finally out-thought the computer. They are clever, but they aren't too smart!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 08:41 AM

Hello Roger welcome back to the forum look forward to seeing pics of your dog. You sound as though you have a very fulfilling life with all the grandchildren you have! I hate retirement - I miss the buzz of travelling back and forward to Glasgow and having a natter to folk! Still I have more time to be with my two parrots and my lovely Loki, my 4 year old pup!!

Take care.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 08:59 AM

Hi Roger, and welcome.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 09:20 AM

Hi, warm welcome, good to meet you..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top