Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:57 AM

Piccadilly Circus

Dug this out of a box in my spare room and give it a dusting. It was one of my attempts at oils some 30 odd years ago. I copied it from a magazine. I must say I was pretty good with buildings and landscapes but when it came to people and animals I admit I suck.
I have tried a few times over the past 5yrs to rekindle my art interest but these days I tend to have shaky hands so I end up throwing the pictures away.

BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:11 AM

Re: Piccadilly Circus

Fabulous painting. Your figures look great. Don't know why you
are worried. Lots of atmosphere in it and the people look as
though they are walking. So well done from me
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:16 AM

I think the painting is excellent. To be honest when I first looked I thought it was an old photo.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:16 AM

I would say you have definitely succeeded with your 'attempt' at oil painting, Longfellow - that is a brilliant painting
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:34 AM

Great painting Longfellow...such a shame you havnt rekindled your art
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:13 AM

I like it too - remember Piccadilly well
Smashing, nice atmosphere you created
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I like it too - remember Piccadilly well
Smashing, nice atmosphere you created
Patsy I copied it from a magazine the atmosphere was already there..
I have tried a few times to throw it out I managed to get rid of quite a few to the binmen in the past but this one as been all over the houses I have lived in mainly because the wife likes it. So every time I placed it in with the rubbish it always seemed to find its way back. Think I will give in to her and make a new frame for it the old one was broken..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Patsy I copied it from a magazine the atmosphere was already there.. I have tried a few times to throw it out I managed to get rid of quite a few to the binmen in the past but this one as been all over the houses I have lived in mainly because the wife likes it. So every time I placed it in with the rubbish it always seemed to find its way back. Think I will give in to her and make a new frame for it the old one was broken..
I know you copied it - but you can't really copy atmosphere can you - you either have the talent or you don't and you captured it well - so there
Its about time you got it framed too ! Disgraceful
longfellow
Chatterbox

09-11-2015, 05:14 PM

All right girl, I've been told.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 05:20 PM

Very impressive Longfellow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top