Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 02:37 PM

Me, just practicing

This is my eldest son Richard Bacchus a musician in America. Love him and miss him.

I love this picture before Motor Neurone Disease got Keith and a tumour took my boy Ruud

Me in the Caribbean (St Vincent) where we lived a peaceful year never knowing what was ahead of us.

Amazing family resemblance My mother on her third wedding day, me on my honey moon, and my gorgeous daughter at my sons wedding.

Trying out phone options on my new phone in Cumbria

My handsome youngest son and his adorable daughter Safia.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 02:56 PM

Re: Me, just practicing

Lovely family Cate, you must be so proud.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 02:59 PM

What lovely lovely photos, thank you for sharing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 03:04 PM

Lovely photos of your family Cate .... photos to treasure

What an amazing likeness between you, your Mum and your daughter!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 05:12 PM

I didn't meet my mother until I was 28 which was many many many moons ago. I was a foster child and one thing that you may or may not empathise with is the need to 'look' like some one. All my childhood I had heard people say how much my foster siblings looked like their mum or dad. I looked more like a cuckoo in the nest. Didn't look anything like anyone.

My three children all look alike you can tell they are siblings. I love that, when I saw my mother I was very amazed as she was very small rather like a Dolly Parton type lady with a full figure but not very tall.

The funny thing is my daughter is the same gorgeous figure, lovely face and only 4ft 11ins. Yet again I am the cuckoo, oh yes plenty of voluptuous figure going on there but 5ft 6ins. It appears that the chap who 'may'? have been my dad was a largish fellow, he was a fisherman off the Scottish Highlands. It sounds like he also had the arthritis and ended up in a wheelchair.

My lovely eldest son is a rock musician in Raleigh North Carolina he is now also a professional cook and knows a thing or two about BBQ.

My daughter is a Advertising Producer. She lives in Hackney London she used to work for the BBC and is very posh.

My youngest son has done a little bit of everything. From Pizza making and delivery to talking to kids about not taking drugs as a drug counsellor.

I am proud of my children because they have done everything themselves. They have had nothing given to them except the freedom to go out and make mistakes. I made lots of mistakes, my children however, did not make so many.

Thank you for your kind words. I thought that you know about my life as it is today our fight with Motor Neurone Disease and badly behaved neighbours but this is another part of me that I am happy to share with you my supportive friends.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 05:26 PM

Lovely photo's of your family.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 05:42 PM

Thanks for sharing such personal images Cate, your family have managed to make an impact on the world something that understandably you are proud of.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 06:00 PM

Lovely photos, Cate, so much there to be proud of !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 06:10 PM

What lovely photos.
And the three ladies are stunning ... one of which is you ... all have the same eyes and open honest expression to their faces.
The shared likeness is remarkable.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

08-11-2015, 06:43 PM

Thank you ladies. cranberry I am quite proud of em.

Morticia what a compliment thank you. Sometimes we need to look back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top