Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2010, 12:02 AM

Corruption

It's a bit late but I thought someone would've mentioned the latest scandals from the dishonourable house today, Byers and 3 others have been thrown out of the Labour party for dishonourable conduct, . . yeah, these were the unlucky ones who were stupid enough to get caught, . . how many others are there ?

Gordon Brown aint having a good time lately, . . Cameron sits in the wings looking smug but one of his should be thrown out too, . . then there's Mr Fox, he's the guy who's been to Sri Lanka 5 times in the last 2 years at the expense of the Sri Lankan government, . . turns out he's tabled a question or two on behalf of aid to Sri Lanka.

Where will it all end ? . . the UK political scene is starting to look like the Mafia, . .
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2010, 01:26 AM

Re: Corruption

Lol I saw the title and I just knew it was you Nero

I think we should rename this Neros Rant Section
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2010, 12:55 PM

Nero, I absolutely agree. The whole politics scene sickens me, and I'm trying to bury my head in the sand...
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2010, 01:03 PM

Do they do it because they can do it and can (could?) get away with it?

Maybe we're all being a bit po-faced here and maybe the majority of us, in the same situation, with the same opportunities, would show our human face and line our own pockets?

If you have/had an expenses system in your job, did you try to fiddle it? No? Why not? Because it is/was effectively policed and because fiddling was a sacking offence? It was for me anyway. Certain jobs (journalism for instance) are notorious for expenses fiddling. Strangely the press don't often touch on that subject ...

I'm not defending the fiddling b@st@rds - I'm as angry as the next person, particularly for what it does to the vestiges of dempcracy we have, but maybe we are being a tad hypocritical in imagining they are significantly worse than us. If they were effectively policed I bet they would be as good as we are.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2010, 01:06 PM

The row continues today, . . all MP's should be forced to resign from any directorships or any other business interests once they go into politics IMO, . . they're MP's by choice, no one is forcing them into politics, . . they should devote 100% of their time in representing the people who vote them in and not be involved in other financial interests.

Some of them are directors in several companies, . . IMO there is a conflict of interests in this situation.
We pay them to look after us so we should get their full and complete attention.
nero
Central Scotland

24-03-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->

If you have/had an expenses system in your job, did you try to fiddle it? No? Why not? Because it is/was effectively policed and because fiddling was a sacking offence?

I'm not defending the fiddling b@st@rds - I'm as angry as the next person, particularly for what it does to the vestiges of dempcracy we have, but maybe we are being a tad hypocritical in imagining they are significantly worse than us. If they were effectively policed I bet they would be as good as we are.
Good post DM, . . as you say, they should be sacked but that would be undemocratic as they were voted in by their constituents, . . the guilty ones mentioned are not up for re-election and are lining their pockets as you say but if there were stricter controls with the prospects of being sent to jail for fraud all this devious cheating would stop.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
It's a bit late but I thought someone would've mentioned the latest scandals from the dishonourable house today,
Yes, just waiting for your thread NeROD (Nero's rant of the Day)

Being just a little serious 'tho I must admit that I thought it was scandalous that an ex-minister could openly talk about doing such things and askig £5000 per day for it as well.

At the very least you'd have thought they would be discrete where someone they've never met before is asking such sensitive questions.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2010, 06:24 PM

Don't get me started on the lying cheating thieving wotsits. They still say they did nothing wrong! Haven't they any standards, even when caught they can't and won't hold their hands up. I guess I'll have to vote but seriously don't think it makes any difference. I certainly won't give any of the big 3 my x, they can go and stuff it.
nero
Central Scotland

24-03-2010, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
At the very least you'd have thought they would be discrete where someone they've never met before is asking such sensitive questions.
Pure greed got the better of them Harvey.
nero
Central Scotland

25-03-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Lol I saw the title and I just knew it was you Nero

I think we should rename this Neros Rant Section
Ha ha, . . "oh the power the gift to gie us, . . to see ourselves as others see us", - Rabbie Burns.

Never a truer word spoken eh.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top