Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2010, 09:49 PM

Hello...back from Germany

Good evening all-had a lovely time in Germany with my Niece and her boys Unfortunately the little one (3 yrs) started with a virus/cold on Tuesday and was not well at all-kept throwing a high temperature but by Friday was much better-kindly gave my niece, her other boy and me a lovely cold!!!!

Weather was not that good except for couple of days when it was warm and sunny, but that didn't spoil my visit. The camp where she lives is like a village! Took me on a guided tour of it-its in a lovely setting, surrounded by woodlands.
They have everything on camp-doctors, dentist, hairdressers, library etc. etc.

Her hubby managed to get through from Afghanistan on Skype a couple of times during the week. It was lovely to see him and speak to him. He looks well but says he's very tired. I'm not surprised he's tired, he's working 19 hours a day sometimes!!!!! He and the rest of our troops deserve every penny they get and more working those hours. No wonder they are asking for more troops to help out but at least he's alright.

The Hatti girl is home as well Went down to Derbyshire this morning to bring her home and got back about 4.30pm. She is fine and from all accounts, her and Sam have had a whale of a time. Great to have her home though. Going to have a nosey round now to see what you've all been up to-hope you have all been well.........
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2010, 10:05 PM

Re: Hello...back from Germany

Welcome back merz.....good to hear you had a great time, its lovely visiting people, but nice to get home again...Bet Hatti, was pleased to see her mum....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2010, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Welcome back merz.....good to hear you had a great time, its lovely visiting people, but nice to get home again...Bet Hatti, was pleased to see her mum....
Thank you Moli......she certainly was pleased to see me-you'd think I'd been gone for six months! When I was putting her stuff in the car, she never moved from behind the front door. Think she was telling me I wasn't going off without her again
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2010, 10:33 PM

Welcome back merz, glad you enjoyed your visit to Germany ...... a bit unfortunate catching the little one's cold though

It doesn't sound like your weather there was any better than ours!

I bet Hatti won't let you out of her sight for some time to come now!

How was the flight?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

22-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Welcome back merz, glad you enjoyed your visit to Germany ...... a bit unfortunate catching the little one's cold though

It doesn't sound like your weather there was any better than ours!

I bet Hatti won't let you out of her site for some time to come now!

How was the flight?
Thank you Mags. Hatti has followed me round all the time since we got back-even came and laid by the side of the bath whilst I was in it-she's not done that for a long time-making sure I'm not going anywhere without her

As for the flight Mags it was ok-had a window seat-never looked out of it though!!!!! Landed 20 mins early going and coming back which suited me fine
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2010, 11:00 PM

Welcome back, Merz, good to hear you had a good time and good too that your niece's hubby go thru' on Skype. All the troops out there do deserve every penny and should be given a lot more.

Bet Hatti will be following you around for the next few days.

Take care.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

22-03-2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Welcome back, Merz, good to hear you had a good time and good too that your niece's hubby go thru' on Skype. All the troops out there do deserve every penny and should be given a lot more.

Bet Hatti will be following you around for the next few days.

Take care.
That you Brandykins-was great to see them all.

Hatti will soon settle down when she realises I'm going nowhere without her
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2010, 01:47 AM

Glad you had a nice time and got back home safely Merz... we look forward to seeing some photos
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2010, 02:02 AM

Glad you're back, missed you! Sounds as if it was a good visit ... except for the cold! No place like home, though! And I know Hatti girl agrees with that, even though she had a pleasant stay.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2010, 09:25 AM

Hi merz - glad you had a nice time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top