Join for free
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:22 PM

Enforced day out

Every year at this time there is a motor rally that uses a route past my house, meaning the road is closed and I cannot get out or take Bennie for his walk other than a short stroll across the field on his lead.
This year I decided I wasn't going to subject Bennie to being confined, so I contacted a friend and invited myself to hers for last night and today. She willingly agreed. We normally only get a chance to get together for an hour or so at a time, so it was actually rather nice to have the evening, with a whiskey or two, to chat. Even nicer that her husband (who I don't really like) went out to the pub and left us to it. Then today we had lunch out and two good long dogwalks before I headed back home.
It made quite a nice change from the preparing to move shenanigans, so I think the motor rally may have been a Good Thing this year.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:25 PM

Re: Enforced day out

Just popped in and there's a lovely post to start with - nice
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:27 PM

Sounds like you had a lovely day out ...the suprise ones are sometimes the best
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:28 PM

"A change is as good as a rest" they say.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:30 PM

It sounded a great night and day for you and your friend and not to forget Bennie, you'll have to do it again next year!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:34 PM

Pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time Ania and Bennie too. I little break from your packing was clearly just what was needed
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:36 PM

Gosh you are so organised My problem will be between Halloween and mid November when I have to make sure all my cats are home before dark, so they won't get hurt by fireworks. It was so easy when it was just one night a year but it now seems that bonfire night can be any night in November. Now I have read your thread I think it will be a good idea to get my sister to stay those weeks, so she can help me comfort them when they are scared.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 09:45 PM

That made a nice change for you Ania. Good for you.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top