Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 06:34 PM

Halloween

My dad always cut out a pumpkin and put it on the fence , no one else ever did anything , so Halloween was ignored when we were young . Now it's a busy night for the kids going from house to house if the lights are on . Last Halloween I was feeling like some fun and games , dressed up in witch clothes , hat and thick make up blackening my eyes , dim lighting in the front porch waiting inside for the kids to knock , ready to scare the living daylights out of them and feeling like a naughty school girl , practicing my snarls and screeches , not one kid came to the door , so I ate all the sweeties and felt really let down , my Halloween night was ruined !

Do you take part ?
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 06:41 PM

Re: Halloween

LOL, enjoyed reading your post Susan.

I am always ready with sweets when we get the knock at the door and Hubby went round last year with our the 9 year old Grandaughter to make sure she was safe, I am not sure who had the most fun.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 06:48 PM

Never celebrated Halloween in my family. It was All Hallows Eve and a time for remembering those in the family who has past away. A tradition now abandoned in favour of Disneyland and profited by commmercial exploitation
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 06:54 PM

Never done it either..
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 06:58 PM

We had a Hallowen party for the G/C last year, probably will do it again this year, dressing up etc, sparklers in the garden.
Don"t go trick or treating.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 08:09 PM

I always keep sweets and stuff in the house for Halloween just in case of trick or treaters...I wouldnt go as far as dressing up though myself unless it was for a fancy dress halloween party .
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My dad always cut out a pumpkin and put it on the fence , no one else ever did anything , so Halloween was ignored when we were young . Now it's a busy night for the kids going from house to house if the lights are on . Last Halloween I was feeling like some fun and games , dressed up in witch clothes , hat and thick make up blackening my eyes , dim lighting in the front porch waiting inside for the kids to knock , ready to scare the living daylights out of them and feeling like a naughty school girl , practicing my snarls and screeches , not one kid came to the door , so I ate all the sweeties and felt really let down , my Halloween night was ruined !

Do you take part ?
Ha Ha, I loved that Susan. Such a shame the kiddies never knocked.
I always have sweets at the ready for Halloween and my youngest 8 year old Granddaughter usually stays with me after she has done her trick or treat with her Mummy. We love going to the door and seeing the kiddies all dressed up.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 08:39 PM

I dont believe in the modern Halloween,dressing up and knocking on doors.I never answer he door in the evenings,whether trick or treat or not.A lot of the older children want money not sweets, and it could be dangerous , children do not know who/what is behind the doors they knock on, could be a vicious dog,or maybe a peodafile
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 08:40 PM

Ever since we visited my sister in the US Halloween has been more of an occasion in our family. They do it so well over there. Our windows at the front get decorated and sometimes the front garden too.
Last year I went to a Steampunk Halloween party as a black widow spider and this year I'm going as a Steampunk Woman in Black. Never went to parties before but, I do enjoy it for a couple of hours.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 08:57 PM

For the last two years I've spent haloween in London staying with my DIL and young grandson, all thge children went with their mums and dads from house to house, the ones with a lit pumpkin outside, and it was great fun.
Always before when I'm alone at home I've had a notice saying no trick or treating. This year I've decided to get a pumpkin and put it out, and buy some sweets, and hope I might haver some visitors.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top