Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:54 AM

What a Hoot !

This unfortunate owl fell down a chimney - aah ..............
The firemen after failed attempts to rescue, decided to lower a rubber ball down the chimney which the owl clung to - Hooray ! All is well

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:55 AM

Re: What a Hoot !

He matches the décor perfectly - doesn't he .................
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:58 AM

Glad the owl is OK but there is a superstition about birds down chimneys. Hope it wasn't yours
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:58 AM

Oh, poor thing, he must have been scared stiff. Fancy choosing a ball, you'd have thought they'd have chosen something easier for him to grip than a smooth ball. Still, it worked and he's safe. I like owls.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 09:59 AM

Should have had an anti-owl cowl on the chimney.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->

Yes, I've got one on my chimney because I get a lot of pigeons on the roof.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-10-2015, 10:01 AM

We had to put wire netting on our chimney as we had 2 birds down - Fabs to the rescue
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 10:19 AM

Our workshop had a blanked off chimney breast with only a grille left for ventilation purpose. A pigeon appeared at the grille one day, so we unscrewed the grille and released the bird.

This happened a few times and one of our engineers, who kept pigeons, said it was the same bird. His 'cure' on the last occasion was not to release the pigeon directly. Instead, he put it in an upside down metal waste paper bin and banged the bin hard with a screw driver handle for a few minutes. He reckoned the pigeon would then associate this trauma with settling on the chimney.

When that poor pigeon came out from under the waste bin, you could almost see the stars and planets revolving around its head and it couldn't wait to fly away.

Our colleague was right though, we never saw that pigeon again.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-10-2015, 10:38 AM

@Mart - I'd have done the same bloomin thing to him !
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 10:41 AM

Our workshop had a blanked off chimney breast with only a grille left for ventilation purpose. A pigeon appeared at the grille one day, so we unscrewed the grille and released the bird.

This happened a few times and one of our engineers, who kept pigeons, said it was the same bird. His 'cure' on the last occasion was not to release the pigeon directly. Instead, he put it in an upside down metal waste paper bin and banged the bin hard with a screw driver handle for a few minutes. He reckoned the pigeon would then associate this trauma with settling on the chimney.

When that poor pigeon came out from under the waste bin, you could almost see the stars and planets revolving around its head and it couldn't wait to fly away.

Our colleague was right though, we never saw that pigeon again.

I was traumatised just reading what you did to that poor bird but it also took me ages to stop laughing long enough to be able to reply

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top