Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2010, 12:06 PM

Sunny Sunday

Good morning everyone!

It's a beautiful one here, will spend sometime in the garden later - there is still some winter debris to be cleared.

Just think, this time next week we will be on British Summer Time which will mean lighter evenings..... woohoo!

Have a good day all!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2010, 12:16 PM

Re: Sunny Sunday

Similarly lovely day here and I have already been to the allotment for some leeks and purple sprouting broccoli (?sp - I can grow it but not spell it) for lunch (loin of pork - unusual for us - and gooseberry crumble) and have planted some pansies into the front hanging baskets, which just had poor dead stuff in them. Eight blue and white pansies and the whole front of the house looks better! Plus, some daffs in bright yellow pots, which have been sitting doing nothing for weeks have finally decided to start opening ..... ah, Spring.
I think it may be the first official day of spring today - but I tend to go more by the weather and day length than the date.
It was light at 5.30 this morning (the cats disturbed me!) .... why we wait until the end of March to change the clocks I'll never know ... all those potential pleasant evenings lost.

Enough ramblings. Hope the sun shines on everyone
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2010, 12:43 PM

A bit windy and chilly here, . . after the warmth yesterday it's a bit of a shock.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2010, 04:31 PM

Hi, all. The last of the unseasonable weather: it's already 16 (61 F), but a bit cloudier than yesterday. Rain due tomorrow; can't complain as it's been quite dry. To the market earlier, and did some garden work here: bamboo whacking, weeding and collecting fallen twigs/branches from the storms. Planning a quiet afternoon as usual with papers and crossword.

DM, we changed to DST last week ... lovely light evenings now!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top