Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 05:30 PM

New Coat

Bought a lovely parka this morning - now why, are the hoods 'so' big
I turn me head and all I see is the inside of the hood !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 05:35 PM

Re: New Coat

I've got the same problem. Patsy, it must mean we've not got big heads.
And I've got a mountain of hair to wad my hood with
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 05:36 PM

Lol I wonder that as well Patsy...I love the parka coats that are in the shops now,I dont very often wear a proper coat,when im out with the dog I wear a fleece jacket and I have a leather style one for when im out shopping.If it gets really wintry I just have to rug up with the dog walking fleece .
Bet you will get some wear out of it Patsy,maybe they think people wont wear the hoods up but id rather have a nice big hood than a too small one
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 05:46 PM

It's so you can wear a hat as well.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's so you can wear a hat as well.
Is it ! You see bag ladies doing that one hat on top of the other they have, bless 'em
No, I think I'd look daft - I'll wear me hat instead of the hood
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 05:51 PM

I never put the hood up and always get rid of that nasty fur bit the add to everything.. Reminds me of having a dead rat round my face..

I much prefer to wear a hat that way I dont feel so cut off from my surroundings.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-10-2015, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've got the same problem. Patsy, it must mean we've not got big heads. And I've got a mountain of hair to wad my hood with
Yea - that's what it must be, me 'eads too little - its not that the hoods big at all
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-10-2015, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I never put the hood up and always get rid of that nasty fur bit the add to everything.. Reminds me of having a dead rat round my face..

I much prefer to wear a hat that way I dont feel so cut off from my surroundings.

Funeeee
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 06:04 PM

Mines massive, the hood not my head! It's so big the reviews online actually mentioned that the size made crossing the road or looking in shop windows very awkward as the hood falls so far over your face.
The above is all true, I know cos I bought the parka anyway and I still love it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-10-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Mines massive, the hood not my head! It's so big the reviews online actually mentioned that the size made crossing the road or looking in shop windows very awkward as the hood falls so far over your face.
The above is all true, I know cos I bought the parka anyway and I still love it.
Just discovered me hoods removable
Some are - is yours ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top