Join for free
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 11:42 PM

Entire UK Car MOT History Now Online

I knew you could check valid Tax and when an MOT would expire but this is new.
http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/18/you-ca...umber-5446660/

And it works.
I just put in Mr M's old car he got rid of this year and it had everything listed for every single MOT, including mileage ... the lot.
https://mot-history.net/
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 01:53 AM

Re: Entire UK Car MOT History Now Online

Gawd! is nothing private these days! Big Brother needs to be held accountable
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 06:50 AM

Blimey, just put in my car's details. Gives reason for failure, too!! Well I'm blowed.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 12:50 PM

and mine should be going in for its MOT anytime soon.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 07:02 PM

I knew they did this as a private service if you had your V5C document number, but this is PUBLIC?

Mind you, it isn't like MOT failures are really things that are confidential and this would certainly be good for people looking to buy a car but unsure of the history.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
I knew they did this as a private service if you had your V5C document number, but this is PUBLIC?

Mind you, it isn't like MOT failures are really things that are confidential and this would certainly be good for people looking to buy a car but unsure of the history.
That's good thinking, Susan. And the website did state it was a new service.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 09:08 PM

Thinking about it more, there is no question that it IS a good service. It also makes it easier for people buying cars to verify the mileage etc...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-10-2015, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
Thinking about it more, there is no question that it IS a good service. It also makes it easier for people buying cars to verify the mileage etc...
Like it!!
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 10:41 PM

For several years now, I have claimed for a low annual mileage on my motoring insurance, and this is about 10% per year.

This provides the proof of the pudding.
but...... if you are claiming the low annual mileage, I bet your insurance company will use it if you make a claim, and are doing over what you said you would be.

Now then - there is a service which tells you if your car has ever been involved in an accident or stolen in the past. If your car has been written off by an insurance company, and then rebuilt, you need to know about it before parting with your hard-earned cash. I think you have to pay about six pounds for it.
Anybody know where you can get this info for free?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

20-10-2015, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
For several years now, I have claimed for a low annual mileage on my motoring insurance, and this is about 10% per year.

This provides the proof of the pudding.
but...... if you are claiming the low annual mileage, I bet your insurance company will use it if you make a claim, and are doing over what you said you would be.

Now then - there is a service which tells you if your car has ever been involved in an accident or stolen in the past. If your car has been written off by an insurance company, and then rebuilt, you need to know about it before parting with your hard-earned cash. I think you have to pay about six pounds for it.
Anybody know where you can get this info for free?
I don't know of a free service, but would think £6 or so would be a small price to pay for that kind of peace of mind.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top