Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2010, 03:57 PM

Brave disabled servicemen

I salute these men and women!

Losing a limb in war zones is bad enough but these brave amputees are now planning to attempt to haul heavy sledges in temperatures as low as -50ºC to the North Pole next year.
What guts and determination these guys have!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8575727.stm

I hope they raise more than the £1m target, they certainly deserve it.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2010, 04:12 PM

Re: Brave disabled servicemen

Me too Mags, . . it swells your heart with pride at the way our service personnel continue to do things like this after loosing a limb.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2010, 06:52 PM

Im with you on that too Mags... Top blokes getting on and making a difference and I think they're all wonderful.
Ive always been proud that my father who was paralysed doing National Service went on to win 2 golds in the Paralympics but these chaps are really pushing boundaries and will have my support totally.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Im with you on that too Mags... Top blokes getting on and making a difference and I think they're all wonderful.
Ive always been proud that my father who was paralysed doing National Service went on to win 2 golds in the Paralympics but these chaps are really pushing boundaries and will have my support totally.
That's wonderful Cassie, that really is something to be proud of!
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2010, 08:27 AM

Loads of love and support here too. Everyday life is a challenge without pushing it further and doing this.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2010, 10:08 PM

Couldn't agree more-they are wonderful, brave people.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top