Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 09:53 PM

Matter of fact

Why are folks who claim to know loads about creation, and the like, so matter of fact about it?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 10:34 PM

Re: Matter of fact

I have no idea Paul why do you think that is so..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 11:01 PM

What you talking about Spitty? The creation of what - babies, the planet, yummy cakes, famous oil paintings, beautiful gardens, scientific experiments . . . . . . what?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 11:45 PM

Because half of their friends work for the council and are on benefits, so that's why they're in the know..
Or maybe they just know too much.....
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Why are folks who claim to know loads about creation, and the like, so matter of fact about it?
because they believe they know and are accepting of that fact
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 01:39 AM

If anyone can tell me what this thread is about, please don't bother, I am going to open a bottle of cheapo and then have a lie down for 40 years.
Yours
Rip Van Winkle.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 01:50 AM

cheers!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
If anyone can tell me what this thread is about, please don't bother, I am going to open a bottle of cheapo and then have a lie down for 40 years.
Yours
Rip Van Winkle.
You think this thread is cryptic you obviously are not used to Spitfire posts
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 10:09 AM

Perhaps they have inside knowledge?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 10:16 AM

Hi

Well. a good question.

I know loads about the scientific basis for creation, the Big Bang etc, all of which fits in with our current knowledge and understanding of the Universe.

However, being a scientist I also know loads about what we do not understand as well.

The entire basis of the Big Bang is based on an assumption that the majority of the Universe is composed of Dark Matter, something that we have not been able to see, or measure, just something that humans invented to make sense of what they have been able to see and measure.

There is good scientific reasons to suppose that the earth is billions of years old, not the few thousands of years that the Creationists believe it is.

However, the Creationists base their beliefs on what was written in religious texts, and do their calculations based on the assumption that God's day, pick your own God for this, is 24 hours, the same as it is on Earth.

A somewhat presumptuous case, God may have an entirely different day, his/ her 24 hours may well be billions of years in our time.

I am as confused as everyone else, but, being a Scientist, I am easily confused.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top