Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 12:58 PM

Thoughtful Thursday

Morning all, . . yeah, it is a thoughtful Thursday, . . I'm caught up in the corporate battle between Firefox Mozilla and Microsoft methinks, . . I downloaded the latest Firefox last week and have had a lot of probs with it, . . the rivalry between these two is beyond a joke, this latest version was rushed out too quick after the Gates empire stirred up the mud 2 weeks ago re: browser choices.

I shall now send an e-mail to Mozilla and ask them what the 'ell's going on.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 01:41 PM

Re: Thoughtful Thursday

Yay, . . it seems I got the wrong edition from Firefox last week, . . it was the English US one instead of English UK, . . I shall now ignore all those stupid red lines below words as I tipe, . . oops.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 03:32 PM

Hi nero - I've got email account problems, so I sympathise with you! I feel as though I've spent the last 2 days speaking to India

Had my hair done, the sun is trying to come out, it's warm - the day is not too bad!
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 04:53 PM

Happy Thursday all, albeit a little late in the day!

Going to see the Bootleg Beatles tonight at the Royal & Derngate, Northampton. Best Beatles tribute band around by far
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 04:55 PM

Hi, all. Gorgeous here, 12 C (54 F) with cloudless skies;warmest day forecast for the last 4 months, things blooming in the garden and started my seeds yesterday! beginning to feel like Spring at last.

Nero, at least you CAN download the new Firefox, it's not compatible with my OSX 10.2.8 so I am stuck with 2 ....
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 06:12 PM

Good afternoon all

Its been mostly sunny here but a bit chillier than yesterday.

Still on annual leave so chilling out. Pips human nan (his dads owner) came to visit us today and we took Pip and his mum Fiji for a short walk.

Poor Pip is teething and can't stop biting everything, I will be glad when his teeth are through.

I hope you have all had a good day.
nero
Central Scotland

18-03-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi, all. Gorgeous here, 12 C (54 F) with cloudless skies;warmest day forecast for the last 4 months, things blooming in the garden and started my seeds yesterday! beginning to feel like Spring at last.

Nero, at least you CAN download the new Firefox, it's not compatible with my OSX 10.2.8 so I am stuck with 2 ....
Just wait a bit DM, . . there are all sorts of moves going on just now so you may be able to get this excellent browser, . . there are big moves afoot with YouTube as well, . . I've had problems downloading from there for 2 weeks now, . . the Firefox version I got today seems to have solved the probs, . . it's ver 3.6.

YouTube have had their knuckles rapped for posting teenagers doing themselves self harm like cutting themselves with knives Etc so this must be why the site's been re-vamped.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2010, 07:54 PM

I must have an update due then as mine is the 3.5.8 version.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top