Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 11:44 PM

The Gas Man

Today I had the gas man come to fit me a room thermostat.
My bungalow never had one when I moved here, and I've always managed without.
Well, the instructions for this bloomin' thing he has fitted might as well be in Chinese for all the sense it makes.
He was a sweetie, and ever so patient, explaining it over and over, but it must have been obvious it wasn't sinking in.
I've forgotten what he called the thing, but it's got no wires and 12 different knobs and things to press!!!
I don't do technology.
He made me promise to sit and read the instructions a few times until the penny dropped, and said to ring him if I was in trouble.

Tomorrow I have the electricity man coming.
My hall light switch has started working sometimes and not others. It's not the light itself, its the wires behind the switch apparently.

Still waiting for the senior surveyor to bring me his new reports and tell me his latest brainwave about the house repairs too!

What an exciting life I lead. . . .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 06:08 AM

Re: The Gas Man

Sounds like a wifi thermostat/programmer Mups, and like all programmers it is something that needs very little attention when set, other than perhaps to adjust the required temperature if you either need a boost because you are too cold or to turn it down a notch if you are too warm.

Tell you what, why not flicker those long sexy eyelashes of yours at the electrician when he arrives, and use the old damsel in distress routine to get him to set the times for you and just show you how to simply alter the set temperature, which is usually all you will need to do over the winter months.....
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 07:24 AM

Just make sure you're dressed when the Blind-man knocks on your door, Mupsy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 07:40 AM

Was the "Gas Man" full of energy?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 08:32 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyeMFSzPgGc
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 08:41 AM

Mups I think plantman is on the right track with his post, I hop e the electrician is nice !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 08:46 AM

Mups I know how you feel, I hate having to get used to new equipment
If you get are stuck with your new thermostat try Googling the make/model for advice also check the 'video' section for demonstrations on youtube.

Fixing the light should be an easy job. I had a similar problem which was sorted in 10mins I hope yours is the same.

Good luck with the surveyor I hope they have finally nailed the problem.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyeMFSzPgGc

Seems familiar Geoff.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-10-2015, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Was the "Gas Man" full of energy?

You get worse, Spitty.

Thanks Meg & Julie.

I think you're right Plantman. I think it probably is one of those things you said. The gas man left me the instruction leaflet, I'll have to sit down and concentrate and have a read.
Ooh, must dash, the electrician has just pulled up outside.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 11:56 AM

I can empathise Mups !!! I've just had a new boiler fitted and the timer control/thermostat is freestanding and I haven't a clue how to work it !!!

Well at least my gas consumption will be less !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top