Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 11:59 AM

New phone line

I have just changed my landline phone from BT to Virgin as my computer is Virgin so I got a better deal that way.
When the young man came to do the line work yesterday he had almost finished and phoned through to his boss for something. Then he came back and said 'the boss' had said to give me a new hub (modem) as well, for free, so I was well pleased. I now have a nice brand new modem (50 Megs) which I didn't expect, as well as the new phone line. So that's nice isn't it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 12:20 PM

Re: New phone line

We changed from BT to Virgin too. Very pleased indeed with the package.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 12:56 PM

Hi

Stuck out here in the wilds, there is no cable, so Virgin is not an option.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 02:29 PM

In best Montgomery Burns voice....'Exxxxxxcellenttttt!'
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 03:23 PM

...and a new 50 Mups Modem too!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Stuck out here in the wilds, there is no cable, so Virgin is not an option.
Same here ...
along with achieving with anything faster that 2.5mb.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 03:51 PM

remember that unless a new line is bought into the house the same old copper wire is used to the cabinet ( green box) in the road. The fibre glass cable then goes from the cabinet to the exchange. So you are or maybe not getting the full benefit of fibre optics.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 04:31 PM

BT are changing back to UK call centres and have just doubled my Broadband limit for free.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
remember that unless a new line is bought into the house the same old copper wire is used to the cabinet ( green box) in the road. The fibre glass cable then goes from the cabinet to the exchange. So you are or maybe not getting the full benefit of fibre optics.

I didn't follow him about watching what he did, Bazza, but I know he was out the front fiddling about with wires and cables, then he went off to 'the green box' and fiddled about some more.
All I know is everything works nicely, so I'm happy.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 12:52 AM

My friend has Virgin for his tv, phone and internet, quite often it doesn't work so he has to use his mobile to contact them. They don't pay out compensation for the time he is without their services, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

Never put all your eggs into one basket springs to mind and I never would!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top