Join for free
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2010, 10:02 AM

Online voting

Voters should be allowed to select their MP online as part of moves to update Britain’s 19th century electoral system, under recommendations from the election watchdog.
http://bit.ly/bTWXNp

Would you prefer online voting or keep to the usual way? I'd love it if it was online, not sure how they'd make it secure though.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2010, 12:40 PM

Re: Online voting

We've taken advantage of the Postal vote system for the last couple of years.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2010, 01:38 PM

I'm all in favour of doing anything on-line, . . yes it's time we moved into the 21st century, however, I do like to like to make a sarcastic remark to the opposition candidate as I pass into the polling station.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2010, 02:09 PM

So long as it's secure - it's the way to go
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2010, 10:37 PM

I wish we had it here in the States .... lines at the polls are horrendous. But what about those people who don't have internet access?
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2010, 07:24 AM

I think they'd have to give you an option because as you say not everyone has the internet.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2010, 10:32 AM

I would prefer to vote online anyday but how could we be sure it was secure? I am sure there would be a better "turnout".

I hadn't thought of postal voting, can anyone choose to vote that way?
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2010, 01:29 PM

I vote by post, because the polling station is a long walk away. Yes, I would like internet voting. There are already attempts to subvert the polls in personal and postal voting so there isn`t complete secirity with the methods we already have.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I would prefer to vote online anyday but how could we be sure it was secure? I am sure there would be a better "turnout".

I hadn't thought of postal voting, can anyone choose to vote that way?
Yes MM, anyone can vote by post now, you can find more information about it here.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top