Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:02 AM

parking

I had to go to our hospital yesterday to visit a friend. The car park was absolutely full , cars driving round and round to find a space and I was one of them . Eventually a lady came over and told me she was leaving and as I was sitting there thought I'd take her space . She told me it was a tight space as the car next to her was badly parked . Her car was a small car and she'd only just managed to squeeze in .

I drive a seat ibiza , two door and it's a small car but slightly bigger than hers .

The car parked was at an angle overlapping the white lines , I managed to reverse in with care and then I had to manoeuvre myself backwards through drivers door so as not to knock or damage the other car when I got out .

How can someone just park their car at such an angle when all the others had parked thoughtfully .

When I returned half hour later I wrote a note and put it under the wipers telling the owner to be more considerate towards others trying to park .
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:06 AM

Re: parking

Yeah, so, what's your point?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:07 AM

If people cant park the car they should buy a bike or go by bus!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:15 AM

How are you going to make them? Wouldn't it be easier just to go about your own business? What I'm trying to say, you're just having a bit of a whinge, aren't you?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:21 AM

I know what you mean drives me mad at the moment as Steven still doesn't have full bend in his new knee so we need plenty of space to get the door open. One thing I would say though is many carparks the spaces are far too small you only have to get two large cars parked and the third space is really only suitable for a motorbike.

Sainsburys have a new car park here it's brilliant they have two lines between each space about 6 inches apart so even if someone is parked up to the line the next space is plenty big enough.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:38 AM

I am firmly of the opinion that whoever lays out the lines in a car park never allow enough room to comfortably open your door when parked, particularly when parked alongside these 4 by 4s.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
When I returned half hour later I wrote a note and put it under the wipers telling the owner to be more considerate towards others trying to park .
Susan you may have been mistaken blaming that driver, it may have been an earlier driver who parked badly.

I have sometimes been forced to park at an angle or badly in an only remaining space due to the parking of the other cars next to me. They no doubt drive away before me leaving me appearing to be the one at fault.

Hospital parking is a nightmare in many places, when I had to go for a scan recently I arrived an hour early just to be sure of getting a car parking space.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

08-10-2015, 09:47 AM

Come on, if you can't get enough space to get out of or in to the car, park farther away from Tesco and walk a little. It's good for your health. And quit whingeing about it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Come on, if you can't get enough space to get out of or in to the car, park farther away from Tesco and walk a little. It's good for your health. And quit whingeing about it.
Ploppy I never have a problem parking at the supermarket, I am there by 8am when half the country seems to be in bed and have most of the car park to choose from
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I am firmly of the opinion that whoever lays out the lines in a car park never allow enough room to comfortably open your door when parked, particularly when parked alongside these 4 by 4s.

I do agree with you Alan, but the hospital car parks that charge, like Kettering for example, must make more money the more cars they can squash in. As you say, some of these 4x4's can take up a space and a half.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top