Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 04:12 PM

Moving house

I'm starting this thread since I have now started sorting and packing things prior to moving next month and I suspect I may need to let off steam occasionally between now and then! At times I wish I could just pay someone to magic all my things over to the new house…
I can be quite ruthless in decluttering and getting rid of "stuff" but only for about an hour at a time. After that I find the decision making harder and would be more inclined to just chuck things into boxes. So I do an hour, then have a break, then maybe do another hour. My rubbish pile is growing, as is my charity shop pile…
This may turn into a rather boring blog...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 06:20 PM

Re: Moving house

How exciting Ania your move seems to have come around quite quickly and you should be settled in to your new home before the winter weather sets in.

It is amazing how much stuff we accumulate and how little we actually use .I think it is great to have a good clear out and did just that last year getting rid of all my large furniture and I haven't regretted doing so.

I am sure you will soon have your new house ship shape
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 06:49 PM

All the best with the chore - good idea you have there, an hour then break - very sensible, wish I'd done that
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 06:54 PM

hi there 'i just moved in my place 'the packing nearly drove me gaga '''
the stress was awful ... but in now just befor winter 'havnt unpacked all put some away for another time lol....
we have lots to do especially in the big garden ' so will leave the decor till spring good luck hope all goes well .....
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
How exciting Ania your move seems to have come around quite quickly and you should be settled in to your new home before the winter weather sets in.

It is amazing how much stuff we accumulate and how little we actually use .I think it is great to have a good clear out and did just that last year getting rid of all my large furniture and I haven't regretted doing so.

I am sure you will soon have your new house ship shape
Yes, Meg, I am clearing out a fair bit as the new house is so much smaller.
I don't share your optimism re my getting my new house ship shape…There is some building work to be done so it will probably be chaos for quite a while! But the first priority is getting the plot fenced securely enough to keep Bennie safe - where I am now he has freedom to roam, but I'm not planning to continue that once we move.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

04-10-2015, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by toffee ->
hi there 'i just moved in my place 'the packing nearly drove me gaga '''
the stress was awful ... but in now just befor winter 'havnt unpacked all put some away for another time lol....
we have lots to do especially in the big garden ' so will leave the decor till spring good luck hope all goes well .....
Well done on surviving the move!
I'm quite lucky in that I have about a month between completing on purchase and sale, so I will move bit by bit. Daily drives back and forth with boxes or loose stuff in the car, and personally taking my favourite small pieces of furniture. Then a man with van can move beds and larger stuff.
I have FAR too many books…And what do you do with old TV sets which aren't digital flat screen but work fine? Seems such a waste to just dump them but I don't think anyone wants them.
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

04-10-2015, 07:51 PM

Ooh good luck with the moving... doing similar...selling my bungalow .. well trying to but have moved into annex with son who is single..

I found about 200 VHS tapes in the loft in boxes and have tried four local charity shops and no one wants them. Such a shame...
There is a local Animal Rescue book shop nearby and they are taking lots of books! phew!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 08:04 PM

Good luck with your mve Ania and wishing you happiness in your new home
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

05-10-2015, 06:27 PM

Thanks myrtle.
Not a good day today. I had planned to tackle the garage, but my energy is zapped by a lingering nasty virus and I just couldn't face it. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 06:42 PM

Welcome back Ania.
I'm so glad things went well for you, the transactions I mean, and you have the right idea of doing the move at your leisure, but then you are always cool calm and collected, no messin about.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top