Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2010, 12:00 PM

Sunny Saturday

Morning all, .. yes we have the sun out, . . there's a really cold sou'wester blowing though, . . not a day for sitting out the back with just a semit on,
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Re: Sunny Saturday

Gloomy, dank and drizzly here this morning, 10 degrees (51 F), but the high winds have died down and the heaviest rain is over now. Most of the rain passed North of the City, thank goodness, some areas got 3 - 5"; only .65" here. Still flood warnings for low lying areas. Didn't need to go to the library so just stayed in, did a few chores and paid bills. We had a power failure yesterday afternoon, about 2 hours: I was lost with no lights, music or Internet!! Aaaugh!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2010, 09:34 PM

Good evening all

What a busy three days we have had. We went up to our hotel on Thursday ready for Crufts, hounds were yesterday, both of my dogs showed very well. Rufus won 2nd in open dog and Kia was 3rd in limit bitch. We were really pleased for the best dog, they had travelled over from Poland, it took them 3 days to get there and they were so excited.

We stayed at the Hilton in Bromsgrove, it was a wonderful break. The dogs loved it.

We arrived home this afternoon, Julie, my travel companion, was cold so we lit the woodburner and in no time at all we had a chimney fire, 8 dogs evacuated and a herd of firemen later we are now settled back in the lounge with a Brandy.

I hope you have all had a good day!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2010, 10:00 PM

Wow, scary about the chimney fire, glad all's well now ...congratulations on your showing at Crufts!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2010, 10:57 PM

Congratulations to you, well done......
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2010, 11:39 PM

Well done at crufts MM.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 12:04 AM

Congratulations MM-well done!

Been quite a miserable day here-dry but cold wind and no sunshine!
Had a busy day today, sorting myself out for my trip. Discovered went I went to get my suitcase that it wasn't there and then remembered I had lent it to one of my other sisters-but no worries, my niece's mum and dad brought one up for me along with a load of stuff to take with me-just about room for my things!!!

Also been looking after my friend's two pugs while they went to Crufts-kept popping down to them (only live a couple of streets away) and then took them for a walk this afternoon and then stayed with them for rest of afternoon. Have only been home for about an hour as they were held up by traffic and roadworks on the M6-took them nearly 4 hours to get back. So now I'm relaxing for a while on here.........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 11:17 AM

Congratulations MM ..... well done at Crufts!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 02:20 PM

Dry forecast here with high temp around 56F. some sun possible. This is going to be the best of 3 days off I have this weekend so I'm trying to decide where I can go. I really hate these 7-8 month long winters. It does get to people. It would be fine if we were vampires or something but I'm a sun worshiper myself.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top