Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 10:15 AM

Packing

Whenever we go on holiday we start packing seemingly weeks before the departure date....we make lists and tick stuff off as we pack 'em.....and we still manage to have forgotten something important when we get there. Last time we went to Dubrovnik in May this year I had forgotten to pack aftershave, shaving cream and deodorant spray along with my swimmers and insect-bite cream.
The first thing we had to do on arrival was go shopping !!
I wish we could just chuck stuff in the bags the day before like others seem to do
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 10:20 AM

Re: Packing

Sorry Mal, can't help you. Oh hang on, why do you need to go on holidays at your age? Stay at home and no need to pack anything.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 10:24 AM

Malcolm I too plan weeks ahead and rarely forget anything.

We stay in a farmhouse and it is usually some distance from any shops. I take all the food and do all the cooking, that is my contribution to the cost.

Next years farm has just been booked
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Whenever we go on holiday we start packing seemingly weeks before the departure date....we make lists and tick stuff off as we pack 'em.....and we still manage to have forgotten something important when we get there. Last time we went to Dubrovnik in May this year I had forgotten to pack aftershave, shaving cream and deodorant spray along with my swimmers and insect-bite cream.
The first thing we had to do on arrival was go shopping !!
I wish we could just chuck stuff in the bags the day before like others seem to do

If you have an 'ablutions' bag in which razor and other accutriments are placed and get into the habit of putting the bag in your case, then such disasters won't happen again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 10:31 AM

We have a laminated list so we just tick everything off each time that way nothing is left behind. Though these days the list of medications out numbers anything else
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Though these days the list of medications out numbers anything else
Yes indeed I take 10 pills a day plus a nasal inhaler, my wife takes eight, it's a full time job ordering and organising them all !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We have a laminated list so we just tick everything off each time that way nothing is left behind. Though these days the list of medications out numbers anything else
Good idea, Julie! I make up a new list (typed and printed) for each trip, because I end up making a mess of it, adding, deleting, ticking etc. a laminated one makes sense.

And yes, I also start early. And then on the day I leave I start panicking and forget to consult the list. So later on I will be thinking, did I draw the curtains, close windows, turn hot water off, turn all sockets off... Did I pack...??

malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

02-10-2015, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If you have an 'ablutions' bag in which razor and other accutriments are placed and get into the habit of putting the bag in your case, then such disasters won't happen again.
I do that Joe but still make mistakes, I think it's getting old that's the problem !
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 10:38 AM

Easy stay in Dubrovnik no need to ever pack again problem solved.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

02-10-2015, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

And yes, I also start early. And then on the day I leave I start panicking and forget to consult the list. So later on I will be thinking, did I draw the curtains, close windows, turn hot water off, turn all sockets off... Did I pack...??

Snap !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top