Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 11:11 PM

Another sink hole

Did anyone else see on the news tonight about another huge sink hole opened up in St. Albans, Herts?

They said it was 66 ft wide and 30 ft deep. How scary would that be right outside your house! People had to be evacuated as the experts suspect it is going to get bigger yet.

Dion't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there anymore, but what could you do? Would a property there ever sell ? Those poor people.

We never used to hear of things like this years ago did we, so what's happening?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 11:16 PM

Re: Another sink hole

What a nightmare for the poor occupants of the road
I suppose it could have been worse swallowing up the whole house..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...herts-34410423
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 06:52 AM

I saw this too Mups.
Very scary and I would hate to live nearby id be scared to death of any more opening up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/weat...p-Britain.html
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 08:04 AM

And that is before people start fracking !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 08:14 AM

Not seen it on the news but the photo online. Very worrying indeed!

My biggest fear is one opening up while driving or while in another vehicle. I mean, you just don't know, do you?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Did anyone else see on the news tonight about another huge sink hole opened up in St. Albans, Herts?

They said it was 66 ft wide and 30 ft deep. How scary would that be right outside your house! People had to be evacuated as the experts suspect it is going to get bigger yet.

Dion't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there anymore, but what could you do? Would a property there ever sell ? Those poor people.

We never used to hear of things like this years ago did we, so what's happening?

Exactly my thoughts - there has been such a lot of these sink holes lately - wonder why ................
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 09:57 AM

I wonder if these sink holes are anything to do with the CERN you never know. But apparently its all to do with water.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I wonder if these sink holes are anything to do with the CERN you never know. But apparently its all to do with water.
CERN and sink holes? Now you started something.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->

I am not as clever as you Doc.
What's the CERN?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 06:01 PM

We had one several years ago in the field next door, then a couple of years ago at the other end of the village like the one on the news, on the road outside people's homes trapping there cars on their driveways etc.it took months to sort out. We're in an old mining area so it's quite common hereabouts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top