Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 12:02 PM

Whale sharks and other things...

A few pics of whale sharks from my recent trip:

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 12:12 PM

Re: Whale sharks and other things...

A few smaller things underwater:

Goby on coral

Banded shrimp

Patterns on sea slug

Soft coral

Blenny (I think!) in sea squirt

Nemo's cousin!

Whip coral goby
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

01-10-2015, 12:15 PM

I'm trying to upload a couple of videos onto Youtube, as the movement of the whale sharks is wonderfully gentle and graceful. Will post links if they ever finish uploading!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 12:41 PM

Its another 'beautiful' world - could watch all day and feel contented
Wonderful shots there Ania
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 12:42 PM

Stunning photos Ania, it must be an adventure of a lifetime to be able to capture pictures like that ..... such beautiful colours in the deep
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Stunning photos Ania, it must be an adventure of a lifetime to be able to capture pictures like that ..... such beautiful colours in the deep
If only I'd seen the Attenborough filming of the deep sooner, its something I would love to experience - still at least I can watch in absolute awe .....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 03:33 PM

Excellent photos Ania, I'm very envious of your underwater experience.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

01-10-2015, 06:58 PM

FINALLY I have uploaded two videos on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/aYQvR1xwGf8

https://youtu.be/n0vs1V5iJU8

Hope you enjoy them. They are very short!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

01-10-2015, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thanks, Mags. Actually the whale shark photos are all very near the surface, but the smaller stuff was maybe 20 meters or so deep. I think the evolution of a diver naturally progresses from big things to small things. When you start you get all excited by sharks, turtles, mantas and the like but the more experienced you get the smaller the stuff that you look for. There are hundreds, if not thousands of multicoloured nudibranchs and small fish and I'm always looking out for them. Many of them are only 1-3cm in size, and my failing eyes are not so good at spotting them sometimes!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 07:13 PM

Brilliant vids such gorgeous creatures ..love the photos as well so colourful and vibrant..an underwater paradise!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top