Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 10:42 AM

Wildlife cameras

Does anyone have a wildlife camera in their garden?
We've had a few garage break-ins on our road, I was considering security cameras but, would like to see if any wildlife visit at night too.
Can anyone recommend something suitable for both please?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 08:06 PM

Re: Wildlife cameras

The wildlife cameras that switch on and off when they detect movement are fairly expensive Twiz. I have two ordinary cameras as security in the front and back gardens, they cost about me about 50 euros each, I often stay up at night watching the spiders making their webs across the camera lens, then I wipe them all away the next day, great fun.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 10:41 AM

Thanks Jem! I thought I was on my own for a minute! What do you mean " ordinary cameras "?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 01:39 PM

I think Jem means an ordinary camera is one that just films all the time, as opposed to one that has a sensor and just films when it detects movement.
Also if you want to film at night you would need an infra red camera.
The best thing just for burglars would be just a security light, because the burglars don't like being seen.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 02:05 PM

They are small, just a couple of inches long, this one faces the down the back garden and another one behind it faces the front. There is also a built in microphone and you can hear whats going on, I have these cameras about 8 years now and never had any problems with them, they plug into any TV set to view and record if you wish on a recorder. I think I got them in Maplins on special offer, very easy to set up, anyway they cost much less than I thought they would.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

10-10-2015, 04:52 PM

That looks ideal Jem! I had my sensors on my outside lights disconnected because they drove me nuts, going on and off all night. Neighbours at the back have one that shines into my bedroom and that's bad enough.
I have been known to go outside with a torch in my nightie, which would frighten any burglar!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

10-10-2015, 05:55 PM

I took this photo off the TV Twiz so the quality is not the best, but just to give you an idea of the scope the small camera covers, this is what I see at the flick of a switch on the TV.
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

10-10-2015, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

I took this photo off the TV Twiz so the quality is not the best, but just to give you an idea of the scope the small camera covers, this is what I see at the flick of a switch on the TV.
That's my shed!!!!!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

10-10-2015, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Red Kite ->
That's my shed!!!!!!!
Excuse me, that ain’t no shed Red, that’s the small summer cabin, the real shed is bottom left, you can only see the flat roof. I have another single camera covering that part of the back.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

10-10-2015, 08:16 PM

Excellent, lots of coverage, I have an empty house next to me with a huge garden and then fields so more coverage the better! Thanks Jem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top