Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:24 PM

What's all this about?

I was in Morrisons this afternoon, and went to buy a newspaper. The rather animated lady in front of me was talking at length to the assistant and I was wishing she would stop yakking and move on.
When it was finally my turn, the lady at the till asked me if I had heard what the other woman was saying, and I replied I hadn't. She then told me that the woman said, she heard on the news today that someone was injecting supermarket bananas with the Aids virus!!
Has anyone else heard this today, because I haven't as yet.

IF it is true and some nutter is really doing that, would it be possible to contract the disease like that?
Personally, I wouldn't have thought so, one reason being I seem to remember reading once, that the virus couldn't survive away from body temperature for long.

I might be telling you wrong about this, all I'm saying is that is what happened in Morrisons this afternoon.

(Just thought, maybe this should have gone in the Health section)?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:33 PM

Re: What's all this about?

A load of nonsense, you are right about the virus not surviving, and where would anyone get quantities of a live AIDS virus ?
Perhaps you should shop at Aldi
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
A load of nonsense, you are right about the virus not surviving, and where would anyone get quantities of a live AIDS virus ?
Perhaps you should shop at Aldi

I don't know any more than that Malcolm. I will listen to the news and see if it says anything about it.

IF it is true, possibly someone already with the disease is doing it? I daresay they would easily be able to obtain a necessary supply.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 06:05 PM

Maybe she's a little nanas Mups - aah .................
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 06:14 PM

Stop worrying Mups, I wouldn’t give it a second thought, someone stirring things up to scare folks, sick people get a kick out to that.

Although I did wonder what was up today, as I passed by our Greek supermarket they had a large sign up saying.

"Yes, we have-a no bananas
We have-a no bananas today
We've string beans and onions
Cab-barges and scallions
And all kinds of fruit, and say
We have an old fashioned to-mah-to
A Long Island po-tah-to
But yes, we have-a no bananas
We have-a no bananas today"
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 06:18 PM

There are some sad sick individuals in this world that try to get up to all manner of wrong doings..im sure in theory its possible for someone to inject bananas with some sort of fluid and if it was a person who has Aids already then they could surely in theory use their own bodily fluids which may or may not contain the live virus but its a long shot in my imagination.
I wouldnt worry Mups it was probably just someone with a very vivid imagination!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 06:28 PM

You're a nana Jem - like meself
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 06:37 PM

A variation on the theme of the 'aids oranges' which originated on fakebook I guess ...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/hivoranges.asp
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 07:49 PM

http://www.freshplaza.com/article/11...ut-Banana-AIDS

Was the lady talking about this? I've heard this before.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 07:57 PM

I don't know about that, but, there was a woman serving in Sainsbury sneezing into her hand then touching people's groceries! I wiped mine with antibacterial wipes when I got home but, now I've got the sneezeling snots! Haven't had a bad cold for years! On vit c and zinc!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top