Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 07:25 PM

Aldi tv ad

I suppose some of you have seen the latest aldi ad, they're on the streets of york asking shoppers about the best supermarket ect, it shows the purple man , he stands absolutely stil until you put money in his tin then he does something( not sure what moves a bit I think) anyway he was in our local paper where he's had to hire bodyguards because he keeps getting physically attacked and thats during the day!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 01:27 PM

Re: Aldi tv ad

I looked him up and saw the incident on video Primus, I have to admit I had never heard of him before but he looks great and seems to be well loved, so sad to see him being pushed off his bike, what a mindless act, some people are just unbelievable.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 02:57 PM

Just browsed the Purplemans webpage like you I have never heard of him before Jem.
It kinda left me puzzled about the Aldi connection,because he has nowt to do with Aldi.?
Its a charity based in York/Yorkshire for collecting soft toys for Syrian children, which in my opinion is a good cause. Anyways after watching the video I am not sure if he would have got knocked off the bike or maybe he fell off. When he is riding away at the end it looks like he's never ridden a bike before.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 04:39 PM

Is it because they were trying to see if he was real or not. I have to say he didn't look like a statue. Glad his colour didn't run in all that rain.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 09:04 PM

Human statues are very commonplace in most European cities. The UK hasn't quite caught on yet though more and more are appearing. Barcelona's Las Ramblas street is always choc full of them. Some are better than others it has to be said:

Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 09:34 PM

We have them in Winchester, all the time. First saw them in Barcelona about 15 years ago. Like everything they have spread everywhere. How they can stay still so long, beats me, especially when people do try and make them laugh etc.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top