Join for free
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 05:31 PM

Brian Sewell

I liked Brian Sewell who shared my opinion on much of modern art and my love of dogs

An acerbic critic, Sewell made no secret of his contempt for modern art and was renowned for barbs directed at the likes of Tracey Emin and Damien Hirst. He called Emin “trivial”, Hirst “****ing dreadful”, David Hockney “a vulgar prankster” and once claimed graffiti artist Banksy “should have been put down at birth”
http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...9/brian-sewell

Sorry he won't be around anymore with his sharp wit and withering looks..
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 05:39 PM

Re: Brian Sewell

He was an interesting very camp person, who would not or could not believe that beauty was in the eye of the beholder.
Whilst I agree generally that those popular and acceptable faces of modern art are nothing more than charlatans, I disagree with his view of Banksy, who's work I consider to be nothing short of genius.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 06:32 PM

Re: Brian Sewell

He was alright for a posh 'un

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top