Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2010, 01:33 PM

Wise Wednesday

Dry and overcast day here plus we still have that cold wind hanging on.

Today is the annual health awareness No Smoking Day - I wonder how many will take advantage of it and try to break free It's not easy but if you really want to give up, you can ....... good luck to those of you who try...

Have a good day everyone!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Re: Wise Wednesday

Of course it's easy to quit Mags. All you need to do is go through a bout with congestive heart failure like I did where you can't breathe at all. It'll scare you right out of taking that next puff.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Of course it's easy to quit Mags. All you need to do is go through a bout with congestive heart failure like I did where you can't breathe at all. It'll scare you right out of taking that next puff.
Sorry to hear you had to go through that before giving up, Bob ....what a scare that must have been
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2010, 03:26 PM

I'm told I was blue in the trauma center with my bp at 255/150. Not good. Now my bp is 132/80 and I haven't touched a cigarette since Jan 3, 2005.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2010, 04:04 PM

I gave up many years ago. Tried twice going cold-turkey - only laste 6 months each time! Then tried patches and haven't had one for donkeys years!

Nicotine is meant to be more addictive than heroin - so you really do need to be weaned off it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2010, 05:27 PM

Hi. Still mild, 11 degrees (52 F), and the predicted rain isn't here, even a little watery sunshine. Up to the Giant for Leia's favorites and stuff for me, forgot scallions so am going to see what overwintered in the garden ... saw a few green tops after the snow melted finally! Sore arm not as sore today!

Keep well, all.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2010, 10:52 PM

Glad to hear your arm is a little better Dandysmom........

Had a busy day today.....went to get my Euro's for my visit to Germany next week, took Hatti for recehck at Vets as she has had infection in both ears, thankfully cleared now and bacteria in her urine-now she has got Struvite Crystals-on tablets to dissolve Crystals, then it was off for a walk in the sunshine, dinner and then off to work.......
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2010, 12:39 AM

Oh, glad Hatti's ears are OK, didn't know dogs got struvite crystals also, is it called cystitis with them too? Leia had one episode two years ago; never want to go thru that again!! She's impossible to pill..... Keep well.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2010, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Oh, glad Hatti's ears are OK, didn't know dogs got struvite crystals also, is it called cystitis with them too? Leia had one episode two years ago; never want to go thru that again!! She's impossible to pill..... Keep well.
Thanks Dandysmom-struvite crystals are more common in cats. Cystitis can be caused by infection but the symptoms are different-they strain to urinate and keep bobbing down and nothing happens and then when they do urinate its painful and burning. Struvite crystals are caused by infection or dietry. With this they drink excessively and urinate excessively. One good thing though is Hatti will take tablets like they are sweets-most cats are murder to get tablets into, so I can imagine how Leia acted.....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

11-03-2010, 03:15 AM

When Leia had it she had inflammation, not infection; they first put her on ABs then changed to anti-inflammatories, She was straining to urinate, in the litter box about every 25 minutes. I took her off dry food except for a few treats and added liquid to her wet food,and no recurrence, thank God.She turned into a mini Scottish wildcat when I tried to pill her... remember, she's a BIG (14 pound) strong cat whose "won't" power is much greater than my will power

Bless Hatti who will take a tablet like a nice girl instead of fighting with all of her strength to avoid it!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top