Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2010, 11:40 AM

'Tis Tuesday

Good morning - bright and sunny and freezing again. Pleasant enough though but still not good enough to persuade the daffodils to break bud. It will be like last year, when the daffodils had a really really short flowering season
No news from this neck of the woods but I hope the day is good to you all
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2010, 03:25 PM

Re: 'Tis Tuesday

Good afternoon

It has been sunny here in the south but clouded over now. The dogs have been for a lovely long walk and are now settled down in front of the Aga. They wouldn't be quite so happy if they realised they are having a bath later

I am on two weeks leave to use up the remainder of my holiday entitlement. My friend is on her way here and we will be like a canine beauticians here tonight in preparation for Crufts on Friday.

We had some very sad news last night, one of our Basenji friends passed away last night after a late diagnosis of cancer. She had hoped to make it to Crufts one last time.

Live for today because tomorrow may never come.
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2010, 03:32 PM

Yes Moetmum, the husband of one of my friends died on Friday after a very recent diagnosis of cancer (late January).

As you say, live for today.

Weather here was very cold first thing, but sunny. Is now "mild" (6C - is that classed as mild?) but cloudy. Not sure if we are due another frost tonight, but surely cannot be as severe as Sunday night, when it was down to -9C!

Oooh, I am sick of the cold!

As for daffodils - my snowdrops aren't properly open yet, and the daffs are just a little green shoot in the ground.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2010, 04:10 PM

Afternoon all, . . sorry to hear of your friend MM, . . as you say, it's best to live for the moment and forget the little problems.

Been kinda busy with the Jeep, she has a slight miss-fire which I shall try to resolve.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2010, 05:38 PM

Hi all; another super day: already 12 ( 53 F) before lunch and up to 16 by afternoon, not as cloud in the sky. No errands today, slept late and pottering about. I think I may have pulled a muscle working in the garden yesterday, a stabbing pain in right forearm when I move it a certain way ...?? Took an Aleve, hope it wears off. No interesting news

Keep well, all.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2010, 09:59 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend MM.....hope you enjoy your time off

Hope your arm soon settles Dandysmom.....

Been another glorious day again. Went to hairdressers this morning then off for a lovely walk during which my mobile rang and it was from work asking if I could go in for 1pm so that was how my afternoon was spent

My snowdrops have at last opened and the Crocuses are more or less opened........
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2010, 11:43 PM

After April 30th you won't have to do that any more!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2010, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
After April 30th you won't have to do that any more!
Certainly won't Dandysmom, and they can't contact me next week either because I'll be in Germany!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top