Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2010, 09:48 AM

Monday Morning Mutterings

Morning all!
Beautiful bright crisp day again but still cold
Why haven't we changed our clocks? It's fully light at 7am, so would be fully light at 8 if we put them forward and then we would still have light in the sky at half past seven in the evenings - we could de-hibernate!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2010, 10:15 AM

Re: Monday Morning Mutterings

Morning DM, morning all!

"Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day!"

I do hope we in the south are sharing our lovely weather with the rest of you ...... it makes you feel good to be alive!

I'm off into town shortly to see what's new in the shops, then enjoy a well earned cup of coffee somewhere.

Have a good day everyone!
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2010, 10:38 AM

Morning..............bbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaautiful sunny day here, albeit chilly(dare I say) not as cold

Have done 2 dog walks & the view across the English Channel is stunning

Have a good day whatever you are up to
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2010, 12:04 PM

Morning all, . . . Monday Monday, . . thank god I'm retired.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2010, 05:04 PM

Well it has been a lovely day but it is eye-wateringly cold out of the sun. I filled pots and seed trays with compost and put them in propogators to warm through, and did all that under the veranda, in direct sun, and was really hot - especially through my jeans on my legs, which got quite uncomfortable. I'm back indoors now and, though the living room faces directly south, the sun is so low at this time of year that there's no direct brightness coming in (downstairs - plenty upstairs) and it's getting colder by the second. I'll need to light the fire shortly.
However, it is getting much drier underfoot very quickly. My path in the woods had turned into a stream last Monday but it's dried up again now and is fine. Even the patches where they have been thinning the brush and using 4x4s is dry enough to walk on.
Rest of the week forecast dry - hurrah!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2010, 11:18 PM

Monday has been a good day-the sky has been blue and the sun has been shining all day-could just have been a tad warmer though. Washing out again and dried....seem to wash anything I can when the suns shining and I can get it dry. Lovely walk this morning and after dinner went to Tesco for bits and bobs-then sat in garden for 10 minutes with a cuppa then off to work. Hopefully I'll see the sun again tomorrow.......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top