Join for free
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:20 PM

The Dog That Saved Cats!

As you are all aware I ain't a dog lover but this story is quite something.

Shelter Dog Saves Nearly 1,000 Homeless Cats
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/01/s...homeless-cats/

Originally Posted by lifewithdogs
When she was adopted from a shelter, she paid the good deed forward by seeking out and saving sick and injured feral cats. She saved upwards of 900 lives before she died at age 17 in 2005.
Still don't like em though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:40 PM

Re: The Dog That Saved Cats!

Well what can I say...
No surprise there when a Schnauzer is involved

Thomas T Shnat.
Years ago we heard a mewing pitifully coming from a packing case in the garage and found a tiny black kitten there.
We guessed it had been placed there by its mother; queens who produce a litter away from home frequently distribute the kittens around, nature’s way of trying to ensure the survival of at least some of them I guess.

We put the tiny little thing in a box by the stove and gave it a little warm milk and brandy in an eye dropper, it was obviously newly born and we did not hold out much hope that it would live.

Some time later we went back to the kitchen to find the kitten gone, Fran the Schnauzer had picked it up and taken it into bed with her.
Fran, a wonderful mother had whelped a few months earlier and the litter had been weaned. In no time at all she had produced milk and was feeding the tiny kitten herself.
Fran used to sit in the dog bed with the kitten tucked under her and an expression of smug delight on her face.

The kitten stayed with Fran until he was old enough to be weaned and he grew into a magnificent black cat; he was named Thomas T. Shnat.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 12:53 PM

Well I never - I'd go and stand at the foot of me stairs - if I had any ...................
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 12:03 PM

That is a wonderful story, but I still prefer cats.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 01:08 PM

Lovely stories of caring dogs ...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top