Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 06:24 AM

Happy Monday Folk.

Just setting off on our boat journey yesterday.
We had a marvellous day and the weather was beautiful. We saw lots of wildlife including a mink, grass snakes in the river and quite a few herons.
I made a decision to cancel our forthcoming holiday in Yorkshire. My cataract is getting worse so I didn't think it to be very sensible to commit myself to hundreds of miles of driving. We may look into booking a coach holiday.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 06:30 AM

Re: Happy Monday Folk.

Nice picture and wise decision at present to book a coach trip
Good morning all
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 06:38 AM

Sounds a good plan Alan...

Good morning everyone, a nice start here with blue sky but a chilly 6deg, although it's forecast to warm up a bit this week I think.

More fruit picking and freezing for me today after the Tesco run first thing.

Enjoy your day folks
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 06:44 AM

Good Morning all
had some breakfast while I can still eat ...have to refrain from eating for 6 hours as having my MRI scan later this afternoon .
Looks quite a nice day out ,shall walk Poppy in a while ..have crippling back ache today too can only get better lol
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 07:27 AM

Good Morning everyone,

Lovely picture Alan, thank you. Good idea about the coach holiday.

Have a good day all, God bless.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 07:52 AM

Good morning all.
Alan - a word of advice if you book a coach holiday - A journey that would take 4 or 5 hours in a car will take at least 9 hrs in a coach. I know because I've just returned from one. Chose a location reasonably near to your home and it won't be so bad.

It looks like being a bright day here..Later today I'm going for a swim with Paula and the children. Taylor starts back school tomorrow so this will be her last day of freedom.
I'm seriously hoping the swim will help my back. I woke up with pain in my lower back last Saturday and it won't go. It's a mystery because I haven't done anything to it!
At the moment I'm living on Ibufropen & Paracetamol. I thought (hope) a bit of water exercise might help it.

Have a good day all.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 08:37 AM

Good morning everyone
Yes a coach holiday sounds better than driving Alan.
I did go on one to Belgium once and found it very
laborious but that's my opinion.
I hope everyone is enjoying the new weather we have
this week. From Winter to Summer in a few days
Typical.
My son is at home and still recovering. Shame is it isn't
the operation that is holding him back now it is the infection
he got in his wound They say if you want to get ill go
into hospital
Take care all and have a nice day.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 08:46 AM

Good morning all.

Lovely and sunny here, bit chilly.

Glad you had a lovely time on the boat Alan, and wise decision about the holiday.

Sorry to hear your Son is still recovering Sandy, hope he gets better soon.

I am making Apple and Blackberry Crumble this morning.

Have a nice day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Good morning everyone another beautiful morning.

There are 6 giant puffball mushrooms in the field the size of a rugby balls like this one ....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3839363.stm

I know they can be eaten but have never tried one. These are the largest I have ever seen and in an area of ground scraped bare by badgers hunting for worms in the winter which I guess may have something to do with their proliferation.

I am going to do some work in the garden today, the raspberry canes are spreading outside the raised beds and need some attention.

Enjoy your day
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 09:07 AM

Good morning all.

Beautiful photo Alan, nice to see all the wildlife.
What part of Yorkshire were you going to visit, being from Yorkshire I was just interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top