Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 03:53 PM

Dowsing

Does anybody Dowse with pendulum or rods, I do and I enjoy it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 04:18 PM

Re: Dowsing

Interesting Wrinkly,how does it work,and why do You do it? :~)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Does anybody Dowse with pendulum or rods, I do and I enjoy it.

I did a short course on this many years ago Wrinkly. We used rods made from metal coat hangers. They worked fine and I found an old well that I never knew existed deep underground.

I sometimes use a rose quartz pendulum or my necklace with a tiny cross on it, too, with varying degrees of success.
I'd like to be more proficient at it because I find it interesting.

A healer friend of mine dowses while she works, to find out which are the appropriate crystals needed at the time.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 04:46 PM

I've used rods made from metal coat hangers with some success at finding buried pipes. Quite a few farms here have their own wells. When our friends in the village needed a water supply, they got a diviner who used a split hazel branch to find it. Their well is quite deep and can supply thousands of litres of water per day.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 05:14 PM

May asked :----- perhaps this will help May,
http://www.helenleathers.com/what-is...-does-it-work/

I enjoy it, especially if you find what you are looking for.
My wife has been dowsing since the 60's not knowing what she was doing till I explained to her what she was doing.
It has a huge following in the country and the world.
https://www.britishdowsers.org
Try it you will enjoy it.
You start by asking your dowsing implement which is Yes and which is No.
You ask the question in your mind, or if you wish out loud it doesn't matter.
In the case of a pendulum ask your pendulum to show you No, it is goes from side to side then that is NO, then ask it what is Yes it should go around in a circle.
Now ask it a question you know is right and see if you get the movement you want.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 05:27 PM

Thanks Wrinkly...I have heard of dowsing of course,but didn't really know what it entailed...sounds quite exciting but complicated :~)....My Family & Friends already think I'm a bit of an eccentric 'odd bod',so can't imagine what They would say about this,lol,...BUT..never say never ;~)
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 07:57 PM

Pendulums? Coat hangars? Seriously!

This stuff has been going on for 100s of years

http://www.critical-thinking.org.uk/...tor-effect.php

"1.The ideomotor effect causes small, unconscious motor movements because of the person's expectations, preconceptions or suggestibility.
2.The person is not aware that they are causing the movements; therefore they ascribe the movement to an external force or power. The movement feels unnatural.
3.The "external forces" perceived are usually thought of as being paranormal in nature.
4.The effect is real and therefore can be repeated. This can lead to self-reinforcement of the paranormal explanation of the effect, which can create a belief in some special paranormal ability.
5.Once a belief is formed and reinforced, the believer does not usually ever give it up. Dowsers, healers, etc., who continually fail to pass objective, scientific tests do not give up their belief: they tend to make (often fantastical) excuses for their failures rather than accept a rational explanation for their "ability".
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

31-08-2015, 08:32 PM

Verne Cameron pinpointed the location of all the Russian submarines, by using map dowsing.
A proven and known technique for finding water for yonks, using hazel twigs.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Verne Cameron pinpointed the location of all the Russian submarines, by using map dowsing.
A proven and known technique for finding water for yonks, using hazel twigs.
Yes - I dowse - usually with copper rods. Was able to locate a friend's wedding ring for her after it had been lost in her garden. She had been working out there all day and had no idea of where/how she had lost it.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 05:43 PM

What a load of nonsense.
Some people will believe in anything !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top