Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 08:15 PM

Songs for the Heart

Those songs that tug at our heart strings and make us sigh

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2015, 10:22 AM

Re: Songs for the Heart

shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 04:28 PM

Hi Solo, I don't know how to do links through to play the records but here are a few that I love.

Everybody Hurts - REM
Waiting for a girl like you - Foreigner - love this one
Jealous of the Angels - Jenn Bostic
Asian Butterfly
Malaysia
Asian Butterfly is female  Asian Butterfly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2015, 06:40 PM

Knife - Rockwell
solo
UK

24-09-2015, 06:57 PM

Nice choices Shirley and thank you for your song which I have not heard before Asian B

I often wonder if the songs and music we add ever get listened to !

opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 01:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ_3G4xqSDQ

Glenn Shorrock even now MRRROWWW
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 07:45 AM

Hearing this lady sing always pulls at the old heart strings.
When I was young I was a little bugger. To put it plainly, I was the black sheep of 9 and spent a lot of my younger days hating my parents. Has you get older you get wiser and realise there where other problems within the family that you never realised or knew about.
My mum would always be singing (guess that's where I got my rhythm from). She always sang songs from this lady so every time I hear any of her songs my mind returns to my earlier years and I wish I had got to know my mum a lot better before she passed .

solo
UK

25-09-2015, 09:57 AM

Thanks Longfellow.I would think in our youth we have all hurt someone whether we meant to or not. The parents we did not listen to because we thought we knew best, the lad we stood up because we could not say no, the teachers we ignored when we needed to pay attention, the man you chose, stubbornly ignoring your Fathers impeccable instincts even though you knew deep down he was right and so the list goes on.

Music has an uncanny knack of jolting long forgotten incidents and stirring up memories whether they are welcome or not

solo
UK

25-10-2015, 09:58 AM

Long run up but another superb song from Adele .

ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 11:21 PM

I remember this one when it was released - still as meaningful today.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top