Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2010, 02:38 PM

Council Tax

This is one payment I hate making, . . I pay £120 a month for basically getting my wheely bin emptied once a week, . . OK there are other costs like water and sewage but they're itemised separately, . . I hate the waste that goes on like thousands of pounds worth fireworks being let off for every occasion including summer concerts in the local park and bonfire night.

It's easy to see it's not their cash they're wasting, . . the government up here should control this reckless spending IMO.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2010, 07:10 PM

Re: Council Tax

Originally Posted by nero ->
I pay £120 a month for basically getting my wheely bin emptied once a week,
Oh Nero, better not mention that my wife pays £120 per year and we have two wheelie bins.

I was in the mayors office the other day, we had a nice chat about dogs and the birds of prey around here. His ten year old Skoda sat outside, he was dressed in open neck shirt and jeans, and his one full time employee sat in the office next door with her young daughter while my wife paid our refuse bill and dog licence (£5)

Our parish council does not pay for drug addicts (There aren't any) the homeless (There aren't any) firework extravaganzas (People have to buy their own fireworks) and expensive trips abroad (The mayor and his staff don't have time!)

I could go on but I think you get the picture

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top