Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 09:18 PM

Mrs. Oldbugger

Hello everyone, you may already know me as the wife of the late member "Oldbugger". For those of you who don't, I'm Susan.

I'm 63 years old, live in a small Scottish village and work as a social worker (have been on leave for the last couple of months but returning next week).

As the days go by I'm coming to terms with life without Jim (my late husband) and getting things sorted. His car is still parked in the driveway and I will have to start it up (if the battery isn't flat) and move it soon as I have no use for it. He bought it brand new in 1994 and maintained it throughout its life so I don't really want to sell it, but I can't keep it either - I've never liked driving it and I have my own car. Maybe my daughter will want it for sentimentality, who knows.

Anyway, I'm going on about depressing things and that isn't really what i want to start this account off with.

Well, I'll leave it here and will no doubt post on some other threads here that are of interest to me. This certainly seems like a good forum and my husband was very fond of it and its members.

Ta-ta the noo.

susan.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 09:20 PM

Re: Mrs. Oldbugger

Hello Susan it sound as though you are coping very well.
It is nice to be able to give you a proper welcome and I look forward to chatting with you.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 09:27 PM

Hello Susan and it's so lovely that you have decided to join us

Welcome
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello Susan it sound as though you are coping very well.
It is nice to be able to give you a proper welcome and I look forward to chatting with you.
Thank you Meg. I'm doing as well as i can - keeping strong for my daughter and grandchildren, I dare say she is not coping quite so well. Time and faith will heal though.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 09:29 PM

Hello Susan so glad that you could join us, everything takes time as you know and i'm sure you can cope well, which is a good thing
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 09:31 PM

And hello from me. You have my innermost feelings,some things we never get over but we do get through.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 09:51 PM

Hallooo the noo Susan Oldbugger

Very pleased that you're posting and I can see you'll be a great asset to this forum. We are in need of a few sane members

hugs
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 09:53 PM

Hello Susan and welcome to the Forum,:~)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 10:23 PM

Glad you decided to join us susan, I know you will be very welcome.
It sounds like you're getting through the jobs that need to be done, so well done you. Many of us fondly remember Jim.
Keep in touch when you can susan.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 10:25 PM

Hallo. Im glad you have joined us..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top