Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:31 PM

Ladies Only

Jeremy Corben has suggested Ladies Only carriages on trains,I think its a good idea, but his critics say it is wrong ,Women should no be segregated. How is this segregation? No one will be forced to travel in these carriages, if a woman feels safer in a ladies only then good luck to them.Would the ladies on here feel safer if travelling alone in an a ladies only, or does it not bother you? Two of my friends travel to London frequently and always sit in the 'Quiet 'carriage,where no talking .mobile phones,music is allowed
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:35 PM

Re: Ladies Only

I'd prefer ladies only particularly if I was travelling alone and as you say it's not compulsory but a choice.
I go to a ladies only gym and, having been to a mixed one, I know which I prefer !!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:40 PM

I'd love ladies only carriages on trains ... no drunken louts to make you feel uncomfortable
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:41 PM

Put Guards back on night service trains, those of the female persuasion can then travel in the carriage the guard is in ! Cheaper !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I'd love ladies only carriages on trains ... no drunken louts to make you feel uncomfortable
Yep - great idea
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:42 PM

The whole of carriages are open now, not like the olden days , why would a woman feel unsafe , there are plenty of people about, who would help if a woman felt threatened.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:44 PM

It's as bad travelling during the day ... especially on a Saturday ... and the staff are too busy selling booze to be bothered about the swearing and shouting going on !!!!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 07:51 PM

I think i would rather sit among people than shut away in a carriage, then if something goes wrong at least you would have someone to help you..
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 08:37 PM

Perhaps they are lucky if they get a carriage to stand up in on Southern Rail.
Still that keeps men safe from drunken lout females.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 09:33 PM

We haven't any Ladies only carriages over here, but if they get any I will insist we get Men only carriages in the interests of equality, there are also some very dangerous Women about, fair is fair after all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top