Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 12:21 AM

Your taste in humour?

Simple things often amuse me. For example, these were someone's pointless observations, but they amused me:

" I don't do requests unless I'm asked to".

"If it wasn't for electricity, we would all be watching television by candlelight."

"The older I get, the better I used to be."

I like that sort of silly humour.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 12:29 AM

Re: Your taste in humour?

Bill Bryson and Dave Barry make me laugh out loud. My hearing isn't so good so I like reading humor. I enjoy silly too though, I'm thinking of a commercial from a few years back. A couple are sitting on the couch and they spot a spider. When the guy tries to swat it, it picks him up and starts flinging him around the room. That made me giggle every time.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 07:06 AM

I also like silly quips like that Mups.
I did enjoy the youngsters one liners that they have just
published from a competition from the Edinburgh Fringe.

One voted the best was
I have deleted all of the German off of my mobile. Its now Hans free

They're always telling me to following my dreams. But I don't want
to be naked in an exam I haven't revised for.

What is the difference between a 'hippo' and a 'zippo'?
One is really heavy the other is a little lighter

If I could take only one thing to a desert island, I probably wouldn't go.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 09:04 AM

I can't say exactly what makes me laugh because it's a huge eclectic bunch of stuff from the surreal Eddie Izzard to a panda cub sneezing and making his mum jump. I am not keen on cruel humour or swearing. I don't like humour that makes fun of the disabled but I laugh everyday at my own disabilities and I laugh at disabled comedians who make fun of themselves to.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 09:37 AM

There is a wheelchair-bound comedian who lives in Quebec City. He tells of a big store in town where beside the main entrance, they have thoughtfully provided a long ramp dedicated for a wheelchair user.

In great detail, he describes his climb up the ramp. He finally reaches the door - which opens up outwards!

Sorry, but I found this funny.

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 10:58 AM

Tommy cooper had some great one liners my favourite is
" cleaned out the attic today with the wife.... filthy, dirty , covered in cobwebs...... but she's good with the kids"
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 10:59 AM

I like Peter Kay type visual jokes, the ones that we can all relate to. And also the one Hanfonius has just told. funny and cruel at the same time...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 12:51 PM

I couldn't really put my finger on what sort of humour I like best, sometimes something that others wouldn't find funny is hilarious to me. My old grandad was the grumpiest man I ever knew but I remember one night when he was a bit tight he actually told us a joke, I never forgot that joke nor the solemn look on his face as he told it. this is it, it's not very funny but I love it because I have the memory of grumpy grandad telling it to two bewildered kids all those years ago.
A man who suffered from chronic constipation stowed away on a ship heading for America, halfway across the Atlantic he was discovered hiding in a lifeboat, he was taken to the Captain then forced to work his passage.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 01:00 PM

I like all humour no matter what, must admit to liking a bit of smut.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top