Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:09 AM

What a Night.

I didn't have a very good night last night. Let me explain.

I got up about 2.30 for a wee. I was very tired, and one eye open, stumbled along to the loo. Just as I got to the bathroom door I became aware of a terrible pong. It turned out to be my Nellie, she'd poo'd in the kitchen. Just what I needed to deal with at 2.30 in the morning.
There she lay, upside down in her bed, legs in the air like a dying fly, smirking, and without a care in the world.
I walked past her, cursing and muttering, (prodding her in the ribs as I went by), and went outside to get my mop and bucket.
As I finished cleaning up, I went to put the bucket back outside and saw, to my horror, another one of the giant spiders hanging on the wall, watching me. So he had to be dispatched and then I tried once more, to get back to bed.

I locked up again, turned all the lights back off, and made my way back to my bedroom. Just as I was about to give myself up to my very alluring mattress, I moved a pillow to plump it up, and lo and behold, ANOTHER giant spider was UNDER MY PILLOW!!!!!
All feelings of tiredness disappeared in a nano-second and I was across the room, tripped over the old dogs bed in the corner, stubbed my toe on the chest of drawers, and grabbed the fly swat at breathtaking speed. I was terrified it would scarper and I wouldn't know where it had gone.

I swatted him (several times to make sure), and that made a mess on my bottom sheet. I couldn't sleep with that there, so next I had to get a wet sponge and clean the sheet.

When I finally settled down again, could I sleep - could I 'eck! I kept wondering if there were any more spiders lurking in unexpected places, waiting to surprise me when I least expected it.

This morning I feel like I've only had about half hours sleep all night.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:34 AM

Re: What a Night.

It sounds like a well scripted comedy propgram Mups. It gave me a chuckle but I don't suppose you were laughing.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:34 AM

You wouldn’t get that in a horror film Mups, I could watch any horror film but big live spiders scare the life outa me, I can sympathise with you.
We have had a mini invasion of big moths lately, Phyllis must has killed about 10 of them in the last week, fortunately they are easy targets and I think they’re all gone now, mind you I leave the killing part to the wife, I’m far too soft to kill anything.
I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight anyway.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:39 AM

Sounds like a film script Mups
The reason all this happened was because you killed the poor
innocent spiders. You put a curse on your bed
Hope you get a better night tonight and try not to kill too
many spiders. They are lovely.
Hope Doggie is well and got over her bad stomach.
There must be a motto to this story but cant think of one
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 12:37 PM

Oh no what a performance Mups. Hope Nellie is feeling better now and this was a one off.

When you sit back and think about it, it is quite comical, but not at the time.

Just as I was falling asleep the other night my husband shot out of bed put the light on whacked something then got back into bed, all I said was you alright and went back to sleep. I asked him the next morning what was going on and he said a spider. Glad I didn't know about it at the time otherwise that would have been me awake all night.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 01:25 PM

Blimming eck!!!!! How long had that been under the pillow? I have only one thing to say.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk!!!!!!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 01:34 PM

OMG!...No I could never have gone back to sleep if there was a large spider in the house never mind My bed,eek!....There's one the size of My hand in the storage unit where the lawnmower and garden tools are kept..I approach in apprehension when the grass needs cut,then run like hell :~)
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 04:28 PM

Mups, get yourself one of these sprays!

No More Spiders
http://www.amazon.co.uk/household-s-.../dp/B002EISUUS
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 04:34 PM

Oh mups , how awful , spiders , o m g , I don't open windows at night now , only during the day . I got some no more spiders spray and I think there has been a huge exodus from my house thank goodness .

Sleep better tonight x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 04:39 PM

I read that thinking good on Nellie for trying to save you from that spider she obviously knew she had to do something to get you out of bed and what better than a smell to attract your attention.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top