Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 09:39 PM

Madame Tussauds

London wax work museum Madam Tussauds has revealed it is planning to bring together all six James Bond actors for the first time ever in wax form. Five new 007 figures will join Daniel Craig’s figure for a limited time in the capital before they head out on a Bond-esque world tour..

So, who would you like to see immortalised in wax?

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/127...adame-tussauds
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 10:04 PM

Re: Madame Tussauds

So, who would you like to see immortalised in wax?
No one I don't like wax figures, stuffed animals, preserved humans or post-mortem photographs either.
I would bury the lot of them in a very big hole
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 10:26 PM

I have to say I do see your point Meg ,they are quite creepy arnt they.
Its not something I like too much either.
I always think the wax figures have a really eerie quality about them,probably because of the wax texture.
Im not sure who I would like to see as a wax work honestly.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 07:06 AM

I can think of a few who ought to visit a taxidermist - but immortalised in wax? Not sure. Was taken to Tussaud's once when I was about 12yrs old and found it interesting but, as Aysa said, a bit creepy - especially 'The Chamber of Horrors' bit where they had displays of various medieval tortures.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 09:40 AM

Waxworks belong in the past. Before all the modern electronic media were available waxworks allowed people to see a version of celebrities and historical figures. They can’t really compete now with all the alternatives now on offer. In the Nineteenth Century they were really big business.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 09:53 AM

I remember visiting Madam Tussauds when I was a child and being absolutely fascinated. It was a unique opportunity of seeing the royal family up close (they are surprising small), and other famous people.

I have also seen other wax museums, such as Blackpool, where you have to read the name plates to be able to identify who they are supposed to represent.

If I ever find myself wandering around London, and happen to be in Baker Street, I shall certainly pay my shilling to go in again.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 10:40 AM

You will need a lot more than a shilling to get in Madam Tussauds today , and It isn't worth the money.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 12:20 PM

I have never been to a wax museum in me life, I’ve never liked anything made of wax, I hate the feel of it too, even the smell of candles burning remind me of all the boring hours I spent in the church as an altar boy many years ago. I prefer something more lasting like bronze, now if they had a statue of Marilyn Monroe/ Diana Dors in bronze I would be first on the Q.

Just thinking, it must be a right kick in the backside for a celebrity to have his/her wax statue melted down when they no longer attract a crowd in the museum, I wonder do they inform them first or just go ahead in secret to avoid embarrassment all round.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 02:17 PM

As long as he had a wick in the top of his head, just call me Dave. That way I could see him disappearing into the slimey, wet blob that he is.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 02:57 PM

Aysa how about you being immortalised in wax? I could then stand you in the corner of my bedroom. 😉

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top