Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 11:45 PM

A local crime

If anyone remembers me saying about my poor car getting smashed up in my front garden last year? The bloke who did it had only been out of prison for a few days for another crime. Scary stuff.

Then not long ago, I posted that he had now murdered a bloke. At the time, one or two people thought I was unfair judging him before the trial, even though I knew of this man's reputation from the police themselves.
Well the trial has just finished and it turns out he was a drug pusher, as well as a well known violent thug. He was found guilty last week, and has been sentenced to 17 years.

I wonder how much of that time he will actually serve.
If they hadn't let him too early last time, that other man might still be alive. The dead man has left behind a wife and 3 very young children.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 06:28 AM

Re: A local crime

Its a pity that parole boards often dont listen to police and prison officers too.

I have family in both professions who say that the prisoner will often show no remorse around the prison but once in the parole hearing he will be contrite and tell anyone and everyone how he has learned his lesson, understands what he did wrong and will never stray again...

Im told some of them deserve Oscar nominations for the performances they give and time after time the parloe board lap it up convinced that prison has worked in reforming an offender.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 08:25 AM

Re: A local crime

They serve half the sentence . I was told by a court usher while serving on a jury that there is no justice .

It seems all wrong , they should serve full sentence. The poor familys suffer for the rest of their life's . The prisoner comes out , lives on benefits and free housing and sponges off us for the rest of their life .

A murder sentence used to be life ....surely life means till you die

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top