Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 08:35 PM

Stealth Camping/Wild Camping

Last weekend we went stealth camping ( Camping for free in our transit van ) in Hornsea a lovely coastal resort on the east yorkshire coast. My hubby has made a campervan from a transit van, he's made a 4ft'6 bed and bought two pieces of foam to put down as the mattress, so when we get up we adjust the bed and make it into a sofa very ingenious He's put a small foldaway table in too, were not going all the way with the sink and gas stove.. But we have a small camping stove we use with pans and a kettle and a wash bowl.. For the toilet side of things we have a chemical toilet, but only do watering as we tend to go to the toilets in the pub in town before we bed down for the night. We have some blackout covers for the windows so no-one knows were there
It is still unfinished and needs a lot more doing on it to get it right so watch this space

We break up tomorrow for our holidays and were going again in the evening just for the weekend as there's a Bike festival on Sunday so we will be doing it all again...

Have you ever heard of Stealth Camping or Wild Camping?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 08:39 PM

Re: Stealth Camping/Wild Camping

Should we be worried....do we need to check our gardens. Just asking

Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 08:42 PM

Yes that's me in the bushes
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 08:43 PM

Yes we used to do it in our motor home Suzuki Sue but only in secluded areas and not in view of houses. Believe it or not they encourage it in the western Isles. Happy camping.

I assume that you use your camping stove outside and not inside the van?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

20-08-2015, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Uff ->
Yes we used to do it in our motor home Suzuki Sue but only in secluded areas and not in view of houses. Believe it or not they encourage it in the western Isles. Happy camping.

I assume that you use your camping stove outside and not inside the van?
At the moment we have used the stove at the side of the van near the step, but only at breakfast time as we drive around for a good spot down country lanes. We sleep in a quiet free car park at night that's hidden away...
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 08:58 PM

If you plan a trip up north and want any over night spots then let me know cos I know most of them I'm feeling quite envious.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

20-08-2015, 09:01 PM

If you plan a trip up north and want any over night spots then let me know cos I know most of them I'm feeling quite envious.
That's great, we just love the outdoors
Uff
Scotland

20-08-2015, 09:03 PM

Yes me too and the freedom is beyond measure. Just loved it. We'll want to know all about your travels.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

20-08-2015, 09:35 PM

Yes me too and the freedom is beyond measure. Just loved it. We'll want to know all about your travels.
Next weekend were going to a proper campsite for the Transit mania weekend at Billing Aquadrome in Northants..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 10:05 PM

Yes we have done it many times. Lovely holidays in caravans, tents and campervans just going onto camp sites to get water every few days.

We have also made our own campervans a few times which makes me wonder about your insurance on your van as most companies refuse to pay out if you have an accident if you haven't changed the vans designation to campervan officially. It's really quite hard to do as they require it to be made to a certain standard and it must have sink cooker fridge etc. and look like a campervan not just a van.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top