Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 01:02 PM

Conspiracies ?

After the Pratt episode 2 weeks ago when they tried to show Gordon Brown in a bad light implying he was abusive, . . we now have a run on the pound, . . it's the lowest it's been against the dollar for 2 years.

With an election very near do you think there's a conspiracy to bring down this labour government ? . . Gordon's made many enemies in the financial and banking world and this devaluation on the pound is very suspicious to me.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 01:08 PM

Re: Conspiracies ?

I don`t think they need a conspiracy, do they? I find it interesting that in spite of the state of the nation, there isn`t a definite swing to any one party.
Have politians finally been rumbled?
remember the old slogan -
If voting changed anything they`d ban it.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 01:14 PM

The pounds fall is being blamed on the prospect of a hung parliament, . . I agree, they should all be hung.

Gordon's doing a good job with the financial recovery but some say it needs a quicker fix like the tories would do, . . the less well off people would know where the shoe would grip them if they tories get in.

Germany and France opted for a quick fix and they're regretting it now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
do you think there's a conspiracy to bring down this labour government ?
In all seriousness Denis I have to say that I do not believe there is a 'conspiracy' going on here. For nearly three centuries (Since your fellow country man John Law invented money and finacial markets) it has been shown that the one thing that will undermine a countries currency is the prospect of uncertainty, like a hung parliament.

I think Claire has once again hit the nail on the head, people are very disillusioned with politics, they seem to be saying "A plague on all your houses" and at the moment I think the polls are reflecting the fact that many are telling pollsters they are not going to vote for anybody.

So time will tell, but I'm willing to put a tenner on the turnout this time being lower than it has been for a long time. Anybody want to take my bet
nero
Central Scotland

02-03-2010, 02:54 PM

It's a foregone conclusion the polls will be very low Harvey but apathy is democracies biggest enemy, . . it could let in some nasty reactionary parties.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
It's a foregone conclusion the polls will be very low Harvey but apathy is democracies biggest enemy, . . it could let in some nasty reactionary parties.
I couldn't agree more, I personally think it's everybodies duty to vote. If you don't like any of the three major parties vote for one of the moderate small ones. Or, if there's an 'independant' vote for him (After checking his / her credentials of course)

In Australia voting is compulsory, I have to say I can't really see anything wrong with that but it would cost too much to implement in the UK I guess.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 06:02 PM

The only `conspiracy` is between senior bankers and currency traders.

They are the ones who really rule
nero
Central Scotland

02-03-2010, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
The only `conspiracy` is between senior bankers and currency traders.

They are the ones who really rule
Many years ago Banks were regarded as a safe place to keep your cash and were used as such, . . nowadays it's all investments investments, . . the savings banks should go back to basics and be separated from these money traders.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top